Reaction score
So I've got ten seasons into my game as Newcastle boss, and I won everything that I could. I'm not bragging or owt, I'm just making the point that I can't really achieve anything that hasn't already been achieved by a team of world-beaters, so I need a new challenge.

So, after recently finding out about my most local side (Cheadle Town FC), I downloaded the league system down to Level 10, which is where Cheadle are currently residing - in the North West Counties Division 1.

I've managed League 2 sides before, but never any this low, where there is no transfer or wage budget. I'm really starting to get into it - even though I've only played a handful of friendlies up to now - but I could use some advice.

1) Is staff a no go? Obviously due to having no money I guess this is the case, but maybe there are some coaches/scouts who would work for free?

2) Are the best stats to look for in a player strength and stamina? Technique and creativity levels are pretty shoddy down in the basement leagues.

3) Should I sign as many players as possible? I don't think there's a player limit, and at this level, they are computer-generated players, so my first team consists of 15 and 16 year olds. Some experienced heads would be great, but seeing as though I know nothing of players at this level (and seeing as though most aren't real anyway) should I just sign loads up and hope for the best?

4) Is playing a 4-2-2-2 a bit too advanced for Level 10 players?

Apologies for the essay. Any other hints and tips would be greatly appreciated.

I think you'll appreciated LLM is a lot more hard work than managing a top club, especially down in the regional and local leagues. It takes a lot of time and determination to be succesful at that level, and may take a lot of patience. Keep control of your finances by the way, if you go into the red, it's hard to get out of it (especially if you're playing the 'proper' LLM way). :)

1. Not neccesarily, it's obviously better to have coaches and scouts however it may take a lot of searching and clicking to see if you get any that'd benefit you for tiny wages. Have a look around but if you don't feel like it's going anywhere just get on with your game, you'll find suitable staff when you improve.

2. Basically, leagues like this are all about physicality. Players with speed, strength, good levels of fitness and stamina are paramount. Obviously players who offer a technical outlet are good to have but make sure you have a good amount of players with decent physical stats. Mental attributes don't hurt either.

3. Not if you don't have to. I mean if you feel your squad is capable of your expectations, stick with it. However if you don't feel the side is strong enough, sign players for your desired positions. Search through players though and sign suitable personnel, don't just sign anyone and everyone for the sake of it. If you feel you need experience, sign a few older lads.

4. Not really, as long as the instructions are pretty basic it should work. Play a formation that fits around your players, but yeah, keep instructions simple, don't be giving players trequartista roles or playing a complicated 3-6-1!

Also, good luck. You'll need it. :)