karakorum

Reaction score
Whats the best way of employing and assigning coaches? I can only have 4 and so obviously cant have a coach for each schedule. Just wondering what other people do.

Maybe assign two coaches to each schedule and determine it by who has the best star rating for each one?

To employ coaches, filter out unrealistic targets and then put in the appropriate attribute needed for each training schedules when you filter so you can find coaches for specific training.

I normally just use the staff search function. There are normally some pretty good coaches that have low reputations that will join small clubs. I normally get coaches that are good in one area rather than ok at a few. Obviously this is not always possible with a small club because of the limit on coaching staff, so until you are allowed to hire more coaches some of them will have to train in two categories. Also, having a assistant manager that is good in a training category really helps - then you don't have to wast a coaching spot on that area.

Focus on getting coaches with: Attribute you are looking for (ie Attacking) + Determination + Level of Discipline + Motivating. These affect the coaches star rating in that particular category. Keep in mind some training categories are a combination of coaching categories. IE A good Ball control trainer requires good Mental and Technical coaching stats.

Hope that helps. :)

Last edited:
I'll tell you right now that coaching means nothing in lower leagues. Don't even bother with it, you don't get many coaches, or any good ones that would ever really improve anyones stats. Most of the players you get while in Lower Leagues will be gone by the time you are promoted a league or two anyway, so it's really a waste.

Focus on getting coaches with high Scouting Ability, as it is easier to pick up a good scouting coach in lower leagues than it is to find an actual scout. And since you probably only get two scouts, the extra coaches can put together quality scouting reports for players who may help your team get promoted.

Also look for coaches who expand your scouting knowledge, as this will help in your search for talent.

I'll tell you right now that coaching means nothing in lower leagues. Don't even bother with it, you don't get many coaches, or any good ones that would ever really improve anyones stats. Most of the players you get while in Lower Leagues will be gone by the time you are promoted a league or two anyway, so it's really a waste.

Focus on getting coaches with high Scouting Ability, as it is easier to pick up a good scouting coach in lower leagues than it is to find an actual scout. And since you probably only get two scouts, the extra coaches can put together quality scouting reports for players who may help your team get promoted.

Also look for coaches who expand your scouting knowledge, as this will help in your search for talent.

Nice idea, thanks for that! Never really thought of doing that to be honest. You're right about coaches - does seem to be a waste of time.