LLM - Modified Version of Updated SPFC TweakPoachers (4-1-2-3)

Pawn_pt

Reaction score
Hi,

I play mostly LLM but not with the full LLM rules. In the past (in previous FM's) I've been able to win the Champions League with KooTeePee (Low League Finnish Team) and Lurgan Celtic (Low League North Ireland Team), and now am trying to do it with a Low League Norwegian Team (HamKam). Playing LLM with bad teams on low reputation leagues requires a lot more than a tactic, but a good tactic really acelerates the time needed up to the top. If someone try this, expect 15+ Seasons until you have some chance of winning an European League.

On this FM, I've been trying several tactics with my LLM team, and the best i've found was the Underdog nr 1 tactic, according to Mr. L Tactics, the "Updated SPFC TweakPoachers".

I've used it for one season and noticed how good it was. But I still had some problems. There was a huge distance between the 3 forward players and the rest of the team. And the Aggressive Tackling was making my team to have trouble with the referees. Using Aggressive Tackles made it really easy for the referees to take some points from me, as I had more yellow cards, more fouls, more direct kicks against my team.

So I've tried to tweak the tactic a little bit, and managed to find this version which pleased me and allowed me to reach the top of the League at the end, for the first time. I've been using it since then, and I don't see any good reason to change the tactic!

If you guys like to play with Low League teams, please give it a try and let me know how it goes!

Tactic Name: Updated SPFC TweakPoachers LLM

Tactic Formation: 4-1-2-3

Screenshot of Tactic:
Player_Roles.jpg

Tactical Information:
Team_Instructions.jpg

Opposition Instructions:
No OI used.

Training:
I usually pick Tactics until it's 100%, then let my assistant pick the training.

My first full season with this Tactic got me to the top, for the 1st time:
1st_Full_Season_with_Modified_433_SPFC_Tactic.jpg

Link to tactic:
http://www.filedropper.com/433-updatedspfcllm

Have Fun!

Interesting ideas. Thanks for the upload.

I have a couple of questions though.

I find it quite hard to find F9's when I'm playing LLM. Even decent DLP's are quite hard to find. If you're playing at semi-professional level how do you cope with that?

Secondly, the tactic is very physically intense. How do you stop your players getting exhausted during the game? Just by looking at the tactic I would guess that the WB's & the CB's & the CM's get through a lot of work and will all be very tired by the 70th minute.

Thirdly, what do you do to hold on to a narrow lead? Because obviously this tactic is really throwing players forward.

Lastly, How do you cope with balls over the top? Good CB's are hard to find at LLM and good ones who are also quick are like gold dust. They don't grow on trees.

I've always thought that the best LLM tactics are the ones that put the athletic responsibilities on no more than 3 or 4 players (usually your wingers and strikers) because you can sub them off after 70 minutes.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Keep up the good work!

Yes red cards in LLM can be a real hassle as well as penalties agains your team. I might go a revisit my old Vejgaard(danish 2.div club) save, and see how it works.

Interesting ideas. Thanks for the upload.

I have a couple of questions though.

I find it quite hard to find F9's when I'm playing LLM. Even decent DLP's are quite hard to find. If you're playing at semi-professional level how do you cope with that?

True. I didn't noticed they were F9 until u mention it :D The thing was I noticed that the original tactic with 3 P's had issues right after recovering the ball, and the description of those roles said they would come back and help bringing the ball forward. And as I started used it when my team was already at the top division of Norway, I didn't had such troubles finding F9's.

Secondly, the tactic is very physically intense. How do you stop your players getting exhausted during the game? Just by looking at the tactic I would guess that the WB's & the CB's & the CM's get through a lot of work and will all be very tired by the 70th minute.

That's also quite true. At LLM level I usually base the planning of my squad on physical stats. I try to pick all the players with decent physical stats (9+) and some 9+ on other important (for me) stats, like passing, decisions, first touch, antecipation.

Even with a top team, I have my team quite tired after a game, and usually (like 90% of the games) I give orders to rest 2-3 days (if I have a game in 3-4 days), or at least 1 day if the next game is in 5+ days. The good thing in Norways is that the league only has 30 games, which is a lower number than most of the leagues. I remember for example that North Ireland had 11 games x 3 + 5 games in the final stage, totalling 38 games! And sometimes I had to play every 2 days!

Thirdly, what do you do to hold on to a narrow lead? Because obviously this tactic is really throwing players forward.

I don't change this tactic much, even leading, but when I do, i just pick the counter-attack option (instead of attacking). You'll have 3-2 scores more than 1-0, as it is more offensive than defensive. The good thing is that WB's are quite contributive to the team's attack. Last season my 2nd best player was the WB Left, who had 20+ assists and was also the 2nd best player of the league in average rating.

Lastly, How do you cope with balls over the top? Good CB's are hard to find at LLM and good ones who are also quick are like gold dust. They don't grow on trees.

I've always thought that the best LLM tactics are the ones that put the athletic responsibilities on no more than 3 or 4 players (usually your wingers and strikers) because you can sub them off after 70 minutes.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.

Keep up the good work!

As mentioned before, as I prefer physical stats for my players, in LLM level, picking them with some pace and acceleration helps. I didn't had this tactic when I was starting my campaign with HamKam. If someone tries this with a real LLM team, please let me know the results :p

Cheers,

tried this last night since not having any luck with the old tactic and so far so good. seems to be more solid at the back but not as prolific up front but still getting goos results

tried this last night since not having any luck with the old tactic and so far so good. seems to be more solid at the back but not as prolific up front but still getting goos results

Good to know that! Thanks for the info!