Tom14

Reaction score
Play llorente in a 4-4-2 with attacking winger so more like a 4-2-4. im playing him along side podolski, ive got llorente playing as a tm and podolski as a poacher.

Podolskis still banging in the goals but llorente is yet to score in 8 games?

Yeah, I don't think target man and poacher combinations really work out that well. to be honest, i think poacher's are used best when they're played alone..so they are the sole focus of your attacking midfielders, and they will look to slip in through balls which the poacher is just waiting to run on to. Maybe use LLorente up front by himself as target man?

I am having this exact same problem, Podolski is lethal, but Llorente is being absolute s***e! I might try get my ?25m back at the start of the second season, and buy a deep lying forward instead.. :S

I've been having similar problems, can't get him working as well as my regen poacher. Target man and poacher partnership, I expected to work well but it isnt working too well :(

Target man works with a second striker, not with a poacher. If you want to play Llorente paired with another striker, have him play as a deeplying forward (he has the Plays with back to the goal PPM) and try setting his partner to advanced forward or maybe even poacher. See if that helps.

Actually, I persevered and and tweaked my team and player instructions; and now he is scoring freely :D his late run of form is helping me keep 1st place in the League :D I still used him as a target man though, with a poacher too (Unfortunately Poldi got injured, so at the moment rotating Huntelaar and Walcott in that role)

Post your team instructions and Llorente's player instructions and I'll compare them to mine!

yea don't play 442 with Bilbao ;).. play 433

For starters, you won't "float crosses" rather than "drill crosses" on team instructions. Also, I wouldn't have it set as supply to head, leave it at mixed then your players will get to decide the best option.

For Llorente's instruction's, let him have maximum creative freedom, let him have long shots sometimes, and set run from deep to very high. Hope this helps, tell me how you get on :)