Pav_001

Reaction score
I am sorry if I have put this in the wrong place. It's just I had no clue where to make this thread...

Right, so bascically my problem is that when I go to create a new save my laptop let's me have like 20000 players loaded. The nations I load are England, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Germany. Now when I play I do a little research on the net and there's a couple of players that I want to check out. I search the name and no results come up. Yes I have made sure I put the name in properly etc. So what I was wondering is what nations should I load to ensure I have all the players in my database or what should I do to get all of the players with out straining my laptop?

Thanks

When you are making a new game, select Custom DB and add 'Players from top clubs' from each of the continents. That should ensure you get all the top players.

Alternatively you could try my Huge DB option. :D

Haha I will give it a go. Thanks.

Btw what does that Huge DB option do?

Basically it is just another level above 'Large', so it adds even more players. For example if I load England by itself down to League 2 - the size for each level is as follows:

Small - 7000
Medium - 10000
Large - 13000
Huge - 19000

Sweet. :)

Also just a question. What happens if I select a nation but put it to View Only? Would that help in anyway too?

Basically, enough of the league is loaded in the game so its fixtures ect. can be processed and displayed, but you cannot manage there. So it is useful for loading specific nations that you may want to run, but will never actually manage in.

So putting some nations on view only wouldn't help me in loading more players?

Or would it? GAH :p

Yeah it will load more players, it just limits it to an extent so it doesn't slow the game down as much as a fully simulated league would.

Okies. So perhaps I should set say England and Spain onto playable mode then load all the other leagues but on View Only mode on a huge database? :p

:p

---------- Post added at 10:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

Rightio. So basically what I have done is that I went on a huge database and I loaded all leagues/nations as view only except for England which I put as playable. So basically 117 leagues were loaded. It was all going smooth and I believed that all of the players were loaded. I did a quick search starting with Adelaide United player Matthew Leckie.

When I typed in his name no results came up and when I clicked onto the Adelaide Untied squad there were complete randoms. Nobody from the actual team was there. Why would that be? I thought I had loaded it all...

Thanks

I wouldn't bother putting every league on view only. My normal setup is this:
England (League 2), Germany, (2. Bundesliga), Spain (Liga Adelante), France (Ligue 2), Italy (Serie B), Netherlands (Eerste Divisie), Brazil (Serie B), Argentina (Primera B Nacional), Australia (A-league)

All active, plus wherever I am managing down to the lowest tier on a Huge database. I might also include Russia, Turkey, Portugal and other relatively strong leagues. I don't normally bother with view-only leagues.

Last edited:
Alright, I will end up using that. Thanks

But btw would you have any idea why it came up with a completely different team etc?

Was it on view only? Or not active at all? Either way the game may have just decided that enough players had been loaded so it filled the Australian teams with fake regen players - those grey players.

If the league is fully active that cannot happen. :)

Ahh right. Yeah they were all in grey. :)

It was view only btw. :)