Reaction score
Hello so im trying to load up a new save selected all my leagues and then it goes to the set up right where it loads up for a few minutes but i get like half way through in the it stops and shuts down FM and comes up with one of them frickin crash dump things so i cant load up a new game is this a problem i cant get rid of as it is really ****** annoying, would love any help and soon as please cheers !

Edit: and PS im using LFC Marshall update.

[h=1]How to clear the Football Manager 2013 Cache[/h]

If you're using Windows you may need to enable hidden files/folders. NOTE - NOT EVERYONE NEEDS TO DO THIS.

This can be done in the following location:

Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View -> Advanced Settings

Then select 'Show hidden files and folders' you may also need to untick 'hide protected Operating System files'.

Now follow the following instructions to clear the cache in various operating systems.

Windows XP:
1. Open "My Computer"
2. Navigate to : "Documents and Settings\\Application Data\
3. Go into the "Sports Interactive" Folder.
4. Go Into the "Football Manager " Folder.
5. Delete the "Cache" folder inside.

Wndows Vista/7:
1. Click "Start"
2. Click your username on the start Menu
3. Click on "AppData" and then "Roaming"
4. Go into the "Sports Interactive" Folder
5. Go into the "Football Manager " Folder.
6. Delete the "Cache" Folder inside.

If you are a Mac Lion/Mountain Lion User the Library folder will be hidden, so follow these instructions:
Launch Terminal from Spotlight or Launchpad -> Utilities, and enter the following command to show or hide the directory:
chflags nohidden ~/Library/​

The users Library folder will immediately become visible again.

Then to remove the Cache:

Mac OSX
1. Open Finder.
2. Select
3. Navigate to Library\Caches\Sports Interactive
4. Delete the the "Sports Interactive" Folder.
5. In the Library folder find the folder called "Preferences"
6. Delete the "Sports Interactive" Folder.

Then to Hide your library folder again input the following into Terminal:
chflags hidden ~/Library​

Changes take effect immediately again, and Library becomes invisible to the user.

Alternatively I believe you may be able to do this simply in-game (preferences)......;
clearcachebutton.jpg

Not sure if the instructions above do the same thing as what I was talking about...

In Steam, right click Football Manager 2013, go to Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

Not sure if the instructions above do the same thing as what I was talking about...

In Steam, right click Football Manager 2013, go to Properties, then Local Files, then Verify Integrity of Game Cache.

ok done this should i now try load the database again or is there another step to this ?

ok done this should i now try load the database again or is there another step to this ?

Not sure mate. In the past when FM crashed or wouldn't load I would just verify the integrity of game cache and it solved the problem, there was no more crash dumps or anything like that, so as far as I know that's all you have to do.

Not sure mate. In the past when FM crashed or wouldn't load I would just verify the integrity of game cache and it solved the problem, there was no more crash dumps or anything like that, so as far as I know that's all you have to do.

Unfortunately didnt work :(