Loan out young players with good potential or leave them in the B team?

iPeely

Reaction score
Would it be better to loan out decent young players for them to get first team time or just leave them in the B team in order to get the full potential from them?

Taking into consideration i have superb youth and training facilities.

I know time playing in the first team for a club would help them but if the club i loan them out to has poor training facilities then would it be better to leave them in the B team?

Just started a new career with PSV and they have lots of young players with good potential.

Depends on the league they are going into, and the level of football, your facilities by the looks of it are always going to be better, but game time is a big influence on development, if they are getting game time guaranteed in the position they need, i'd send em out.

Would it be better to loan out decent young players for them to get first team time or just leave them in the B team in order to get the full potential from them?

Taking into consideration i have superb youth and training facilities.

I know time playing in the first team for a club would help them but if the club i loan them out to has poor training facilities then would it be better to leave them in the B team?

Just started a new career with PSV and they have lots of young players with good potential.

The Dutch second division aint a great league so if the standard of football the loan club is offering is higher, go for them.

My interpretation of how training works is that the training facilities determine the maximum number of stat points that can be allocated (rough guess: poor = 1, average = 2, good = 3, superb = 4, ect) while the standard of the league they are playing in combined with their match rating will determine how much of these attributes they can use. (a poor league: can only use 20% of what they did in training; Average league: 30% of what they did in training, good: 40%, ect.)

I.e. The standard of Training facilities determine a pool of points available for stat increases.
better facilities = more points pooled

Standard of league then determine a percentage of how many points are available (from the pool) to be used in stat improvement.
better league = more points can be used.

Best league + best facilities + excellent match ratings = big stats pool, from which the maximum points can be taken and allocated for improvements.

note: very rough description of my interpretation.

So having great great facilities but only playing reserve football will only see a nominal increase while a player playing first team football in a better league with poorer facilities may see better increases.

What ages are the players in question. I personally never let a player out on loan until they are 17-18. I need ot be able to manage their playing time to ensure they develop enough to survive a season of first team football, otherwise, it could set them back 2-3 years in their development.

Last edited:
Ideally, keep your key young players with you at the club. You'll invariably have better training facilities than the club which is offering to loan out the player, so makes more sense to keep the player, they'll develop better.

Unlike previous versions, the amount of development while out on load is not tremendous, unless they're first-team or better in a team with very good training facilities in a top league. Get your older players to tutor your best younger ones, and ideally give them around 10-15 minutes of playing time once every 4-5 matches or so (mainly low pressure matches, where you have a comfortable lead).

Your average players are ideally ones you should send out on loan. They generally won't have enough quality to make it into your team, but occasionally, by sending them out on loan, they develop reasonably decently, to provide that option.

I'm doing my Ajax save at the moment. I'm keeping all my 3+ start potential players at the club either in the U19's or Jong team. Everyone under that, leaves on loan until I can sell them at 22-24.

If you have good facilities (which you do!), good coaches and are prepared to put the effort in to their development, keep them with you and play them any chance you can.

In terms of loaning put it this way, do you want the AI looking after your best talents knowing they couldn't care less how good they could become? Or, would you prefer to keep and nurture them?

A lot of factors should make up your mind.

Are they going to be guaranteed first team football if you loan them out? I tend to only loan them out if the offered squad status is Key Player.

Do you have the league that they are going to loaded? This is extremely important because if you don't the game just does simple simulations with no real statistics and game time.

Are the bidding clubs youth coaches and facilities better than yours? If not then don't even bother loaning them out. As long as your reserve and youth teams are registered in a real competitive league then the football, and better facilities will be better for them.

Do you have preferred tutors for them? If you do have someone you want to tutor them then keep them where they are.