Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephLittle

Reaction score
Is it generally better to loan a player out to a smaller club where he will probably get more first team football or is it better to loan him to a higher reputation team where he might play less, but will acquire "better" experience?

Thanks in advance.

IMO, the former. First team experience is vital. I don't accept offers to loan out my players to clubs who want to use them as backup. While the training facilities ect. should also be taken into account, he must be getting regular first team football.

Have a look at this thread.

Well, personally, I believe that it's the first team experience that is more important and try to send players at a club where he plays. But whenever I decide where I actually send a player I take a look at their facilities.

So for me, it's the club that'll play the player, with the best facilities amongst those offering or the feeders.

Though I also believe it's playing matches that counts, and not necessarily in a league, so I like to keep my best prospects in my U20s where they're getting both to play and the best training there is ;)

Thanks for the responses and the link!

Yea, I usually don't accept loan offers when they will be backup, but sometimes that's what they all say.

If you want more offers remember to list them for loan and also offer them to clubs for loan. But if everyone says they will just use them for backup, say no to everyone. Then either send them to your affiliate instead, or just keep them at the club. The better training the will recive at your club will be better than them possibly getting no game time out on loan.

the former I guess ..having 1st team experience is good thing for young players even in the lower league

It's all up to you, personally I'd rather quantity to quality in terms of playing time for my players sent out on loan. But there is likely to be others who wholeheartedly disagree and believe that the quality of the experience is what creates a better player.

Status
Not open for further replies.