Loaning a play in / home grown status

anak85

Reaction score
Hi!

I loaned Jetro Willems into my team at the beginning of the game when he was 18. I purchased him during the loan phase at the end of the season when he was 19.

Now I found out that he will not gain home-grown status at my club. Why? I assumed that when he was on loan at my club he would also be gaining HG status.

Or is all HG development on hold when a player is on loan (for the parent and loaning club)?

Regards!
Phillip

To be home-grown the player has to be trained in thier country(say England) for 3 years between their 15 and 21st birthday. So unless you had him on loan for 3 years between the ages of 15 and 21 he will not be deemed as home grown.

But I had him 1 year loan (18-19 years old), then purchased him and hes been with me for 1 year (19-20). And there is no predicted date for HG status...

So he's 20 years old and you've had him for 2 years? (1 year on loan?) Maybe another year and he'll have been playing in the country for 3 years before he's older than 21. Not sure if they give you a predicted date anyway.

if you go on the squad and select "Home grown status" instead of "assistant report" for example you can see who is HG and who will be in the future.
I feel cheated!! ;-)

if you go on the squad and select "Home grown status" instead of "assistant report" for example you can see who is HG and who will be in the future.
I feel cheated!! ;-)
Thanks! didn't know that. Looks like you have been cheated. It surely can't be because he was on loan, you hadn't signed him because you can buy players who are already home grown so actually owning him rather than loaning surely has nothing to do with it. Anyways good luck! ;)

Wouldn't you have had to loan him in on the very day that he turned 18 for him to possibly have been at your club for 3 years before the age of 21? I don't know how old he is at the beginning of the game though.