thebluestuart

Reaction score
Hey guys, i haven't done a story on here since 2012 so i thought i'd start one now i have finished college and got a lot of free time on my hands. I intend to do a story dialogue story as I feel it gives me more chance to be flexible with my story and make things more interesting. i will be starting my story with Gingham as they are my local club and hope to make them as successful as possible. Let me no guys if you would be interested in following this story as i'm not going to bother doing it if there is no audience :) Steven.

Chapter One
One Chance​
I woke up on that cold Monday morning feeling better then i had in a while. A strange feeling of optimism was floating around my flat and why not? i had passed my coaching qualifications with ease and now had the chance to get into my dream job of being a Football manager, if i could find a team who would gamble with me.
As i sat on my sofa with my bowl of cornflakes i flicked over to Sky Sports News to see that Gingham manager Martin Allen had left the club by mutual consent. Before we go further however, lets get a bit of background information. From the age of 7 i loved football, and wanted to be involved in the sport. I went to see my local club, Gillingham any time i could with my dad, and still do with my flat being just round the corner from Priestfield, therefore now that there was a vacant job for the managers job at the club i have followed since a child on the same week i passed my coaching qualifications seemed like fate. I pulled on my best suit and took a walk down to Priestfield.

A few weeks had passed since i applied to the Gillingham position and was starting to lose hope that my dream could come true. However, halfway through the Jeremy Kyle show i was greeted with the sound of my home phone ringing. This for most people would have been a normal occurrence, but since my parents had both passed away and i simply didn't have many friends, my mobile never rang.
"Hello, is that Steven Stuart?"
"Ummm, yes, can i ask who is calling?"
"This is Wendy Burns, Secretary of Gillingham Football Club, regarding your recent application"
"Oh yes! Of course, how did it go?"
"Well, after a long process we have decided to place you in are shortlist and would like to invite you down for an interview"
"Oh great! For sure! when can i come down?"
"Well your meeting is booked in for tomorrow at 2:40PM at Priestfield, we look forward to seeing you then"
"Brilliant! Thank you so much Wendy, See you tomorrow"
Unbelievable! i actually had an interview to become Gillingham's manager! I've only ever had one interview before... it was for McDonalds... and i called the manager a pri...

Chapter Two
Dreamland
"So Mr Stuart, we see you have no experience in management, so why do you feel we should trust you with this position"
"Well, Mr Scally, I believe that my little experience in management is obviously a down side in my application, however, i believe that i can bring fresh ideas to the football club which will be vital in securing a league position in which this club can be proud of"
"Yes, very good, we would like to avoid being relegated this season, do you believe you can achieve that goal?"
"Of Course, i wouldn't apply for this role if i didn't feel i could help this club succeed, having been a life long Gillingham fan i want the best for this club, and i believe i can be the clubs answer"
"Okay Mr Stuart, that will be all for now, we will be contacting you in the next few days to let you no the outcome"
"Thank you very much Mr Scally for this opportunity"

Three days later i got a phone call from Wendy
"Hello, Mr Stuart, its Wendy Burns calling from Gillingham regarding your recent application"
"Oh hello Mrs Burns, how did i get on?"
"Well Mr Stuart, i am pleased to announce that we have decided to offer you the vacant managerial position at Gillingham Football Club"
"Oh my God! that's fantastic! Thank you so very much!"
"We would like to invite you down to Priestfiled tomorrow at 9:00 AM to have a meeting with the Chairman, Mr Scally to go over the running of the club"
"Yes that is fine Mrs Burns, i will see you tomorrow"

My dream had come true! I was the next Gillingham manager. I had a chance to become a top class coach in the club i had loved since a child. Things where beginning to get good.

Chapter Three
The Journey Begins
As i walked into Mr Scally's office that day in my brand new Burton Suit i felt like i was on cloud nine. I sat down at his desk and with that it began.
View attachment 374058
It was over quite quickly, which was good, because i was eager to get straight to my office and start planning for the season ahead. As i sat in my big black leather chair at my big solid oak desk looking at the squad reports somebody had left for me there was a knock on my door.
"Come in!"
"Hello, Mr Stuart, i would like to introduce myself, i am John Schofield, your assistant."
"Oh hey John, pleased to meet you. I look forward to working with you."
"Same to you Ste... Can i call you Steven?"
"Of Course"
"Good, well i have taken the time to print you a full fixture list. I'll leave it here for you too have a look"
"Oh thanks mate! I will be sure to add that to my files"
"Also, i have sorted out a little friendly between are main and reserve squad for tomorrow so you can have a look at the boys in action"
"Oh great! Cheers! that will be helpful!"
"Well, i best get going, congratulations on getting the job and i wish you all the best"

I looked carefully at the fixture list and started highlighting games i felt would be most difficult.
View attachment 374055View attachment 374056
Clearly Wolves away was going to be the most difficult, especially so early on in the season. However, the fixtures could have been worse. After highlighting all the games accordingly, i took to my rather sexy looking white boards. Each one had half a pitch drawn onto it with permanent marker and each had 11 round magnets for me to make my formations. I thought long and hard about how i should set my team up, using my squad report for help, 3 hours later i had my tactics.
View attachment 374052View attachment 374051

Chapter 4
Pre-Season Success
I knew how important it would be to get a good pre-season with the boys to get a feel of my best tactic, best squad and playing style. Are first game at Southend was an amazing experience as it was my first game at Priestfield and although it was only a friendly, i was pumped, and clearly the players were too as we recorded a nice 3-1 win. The rest of pre-season didn't fail to disappoint, and the lads really showed me what they could do as we won three of our four games, scoring 19 goals in the process. I also decided to bring some new faces to the club to add to are squad depth, and after long discussions with Joe Welbeck the cheif scout, i made my first signing.
"Hello, is this Mr Pearce"
"Yes it is, can i ask who is calling"
"Hello, this is Mr Stuart, manager of Gillingham football club, calling about your client Darius Vassell"
"Okay Mr Stuart, what do you wish to discuss about my client"
"Well, it is of my understanding that your client is currently available on a free contract, and I would wish to open negotiations to sign him"
"Okay then Mr Stuart, i will talk with my client and get back to you with initial demands"
"Thank you Mr Pearce, i hope to speak with you again soon."

Vassell was a Gillingham player within the next week, and with him followed Jon Otsembor and Esteban Lopez both on free transfers.
View attachment 374043View attachment 374042View attachment 374041

Chapter Five
Mixed Emotions
Before i knew it it was the first game of the season, at home to Colchester, which i knew would be a difficult but not impossible game. Having decided to go with my more attacking 4-2-3-1 formation i rallied the boys in the dressing room and took my place in the dugout. As the referee blew his whistle to start the game i had a felt optimistic. After two minuets i felt deflated as Colchester went ahead. Not the start i had hoped for. 42 minuets, 2-0. S**t. I never understood what the term "hairdryer" fully meant until i got into that dressing room, but i certainly do now. The second half thankfully a whole lot better, as Whelpdale got one back in the 53rd minuet, and remarkably Dack made it 2-2 13 minuets later and Priestfield erupted. The game ended 2-2, which is not bad considering we was 2 goals down at half time, but i knew the boys would have to do better then that to avoid the drop this season.
View attachment 374035
Up next we had the capital one cup clash against MK Dons, and since we had argaubly are hardest game of the season three days after it against Wolves, i decided to field my B team and risk going out at the first hurdle in the competition. However, somehow after 27 minuets we was 2-0 up and i was starting to think management was a lot easier then i thought it would be. I was put back in my place after the 68th minuet as MK Dons scored their second goal and made it 2-2. Surely that was game over now, MK Dons had the momentum, a stronger team out and it showed when they went 3-2 up in the 81st minuet. The fairytale of the capital one cup seemed over before it started. However, this was football, and anything can happen.
"into the last few seconds of this capital one tie and Gillingham are going to have one last throw of the dice, Fagan throws a hopeful ball into the box, Mcdonald, goes down, PENALTY! Penalty to Gillingham! the 93rd minuet and Gilingham can rescue the tie. Fagan steps up. 3-3!"
We managed to go on and score two more in extra time and knock MK Dons out with are B team. This was much more like it.
View attachment 374034
I spent the whole coach journey to Wolves in thought. I knew i would have to think of something to get anything from the game, i had to use my defensive formation and hope we could nick something on the counter. It was a long shot, but after the game with MK Dons, i felt anything was possible. It didn't take long for the game to explode into life, as after 5 minuets Wolves hit the post, and we had the ball in the net only for it to be ruled out for a judged foul on their keeper from Akinfenwa. The first half ended goalless, which was good, we just needed to keep it up for another 45 minuets. However, after 55 minuets i had my first managerial ******. Akinfenwa pounced on a cross from Miller and made it 1-0 against all odds. We was just 35 minuets from a famous win, however, the equalizer had been coming, and duly came on 72 minuets to burst are bubble. However, the game finished 1-1 which i felt was a fantastic result considering we was expected to be beaten with ease by Wolves.
View attachment 374033
Up next was Brentford where we took the lead with an Akinfenwa penalty in the 22nd minuet, however, Brentford came out in the second half and outclassed us, and scored two goals to give us are first defeat of the season.
View attachment 374026
Last but most certainly not least we headed to are bitter rivals Swindon, and i got a taste of my first derby as a manager. I knew how important it would be to get a win in this game to get the fans and players on my side. We got a fantastic start with Fish scoring within 6 minuets and gave are side the momentum we needed. However, the half ended on a sour note, with the ball coming back off the post from a header hitting Nelson and ending up in the back of the net. I hoped this would not be the story of the second half. After 81 minuets however, in-form man Akinfenwa smashed home a 25 yard shot off the crossbar to send the away fans and me into mass celebration! 2-1 with 9 minuets to go and i felt my first win in the league would be against are bitter rivals. 89 minuets gone and are luck goes from bad to worse. Ranger scores from a cross while in an offside position to make it 2-2 and despite are protest the goal stands. Too add insult to injury in the 93rd minuet, Leon Legge makes a perfect tackle to stop Ranger going through on goal, and to everyone surprise the referee shows a red card. The game ends 2-2 and i was not happy at all, and it showed in the press conference
"Steven, what do you make of today's game?"
"Its a joke. We hold a deserved lead and then Swindon score a goal that is clearly offside to take all three points from us which could prove so costly come the end of the season"
"We do have the goal on the monitor here, and it does seem Ranger is offside when the initial pass is made:
View attachment 374010
and finally Steven, what do you make of the decision to send off Legge so late on?"
"It's was a disgusting decision. I understand the refs have got very hard jobs but its unacceptable to make two massive mistakes in such a big game in such a short space of time like that."
"Okay thanks Steven"
View attachment 373936
I was expecting a nice telling off from the FA the next day, but to my surprise, they didn't seem to take an interest in my outburst on the officials from yesterdays news conference.
View attachment 374009
I clearly felt then that my appeal for Legge's suspension would be accepted by the FA if they did not feel i was in the wrong with my criticism, however, to mine and the clubs surprise, they rejected are appeal.
View attachment 374008

Last edited:
Any feedback you guys wanna give on how to improve the story would be great as i ain't done one of these in a while so not sure on what you guys like in a story. i no its a bit wordy but that's the style i'm going for, as it allows me to explore more events in the story and give a bit more dialogue :)

Chapter Six
Punching Above our Weight
Despite the disappointment of the Swindon game, we still had a decent league position. I sat in my office on that Monday morning reflecting on are first five games and league position when John knocked on my door.
"Hey Steven, how you doing?"
"Yeah good mate! you seen the league table?"
"Na not yet, was going to look on my laptop when i got back to my office"
"I've got it here, have a look"
View attachment 373918
"19th ain't bad you know, if we can get around there by the end of the season we will be laughing"
"I dunno John, i just feel we could do better this season, i feel we can punch above our weight this season"
"Well, we got that Capital one game against Reading up next, maybe you can cause upset against them?"
"I'll try john"

The game against Reading was always going to be hard, Premier league quality against the League one underdogs. I knew their reserve team would all walk into my main eleven without hesitation, so i was not that surprised by their 3-0 lead after 62 minuets. We did pull a goal back with Fagan after 70 minuets but it was never going to be enough, although it meant i could focus on the bigger picture a lot more now.
View attachment 373916
I knew that although we had only lost one game so far from our first four, we still hadn't won a game, and that needed to change. I did fancy are chances against Bristol City, as they was only one point ahead of us and not doing amazing. Plus it was a home game so i felt our first win was imminent. I was even more confident when Dack made it 1-0 after 12 minuets with a fantastic 30 yard free kick which caused Priestfield to erupt! The game didn't really produce much else however, although Bristol scored an offside goal in the 87th minuet we held on to get my first league victory as a manager, and i hoped it would be the start of a good run.
View attachment 373913
Up next was a tough game away to Crawley, where i felt a point would be a great outcome, however, goals from Akinfenwa and Legge meant that we got two wins on the bounce and pushed us right up the table and meant that we had 9 points from are opening 6 games.
View attachment 373912
I didn't think this great run would last much longer if i was honest, we was a side tipped to be relegated this season and we had only lost one game all season. With games against Coventry, who were actually bottom but only because of their point deduction was going to be very hard to get anything from, but somehow we once again defied all odds and came away with a hard earned 1-0 win, with Weston getting his first goal of the season after 52 minuets. 12 points after 7 games and we was just a few points off the play offs, and they say managing is a difficult game.
View attachment 373910
I'm not going to lie, are next game at home to Bradford one game i felt most worried about when i saw the fixture list, but for some reason i felt like we had a chance to cause an upset. Bradford were sitting top of the league, had scored 17 goals and conceded only 8 and had one defeat all season. I knew it would take something special to even get a point. Indeed, this was Gillingham, and it was a very special club.
"Weston, beats his man, bursts down the wing, plays in a teasing cross! Akinfenwa! its 2-0 Gillingham after 21 minuets! The underdogs are flying in league one at the moment! What a story they are having at the moment"
View attachment 373909
Somehow we had gone from 19th place to the play-offs in just four games. There was a real buzz around the club and a feeling that we wont just avoid the drop, but we could achieve a good top half finish, or even better, promotion. I sat in my office with the league table sitting on my wall with immense pride. What a start we was having.
View attachment 373908

Great start mate and a great read, I will follow

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Chapter Seven
Reality Check
After such a positive start i have to admit, i started to push my expectations higher and higher. We was in the play-offs, however we was only seven games into the season and still had a large fight ahead of us if we was to stay in the division. Indeed, my arrogance as further strengthened by a convincing 2-1 victory away to Crewe, with Dack and Fagan both getting on the score sheet.
View attachment 373729
However, all good things must come to an end, and i was slapped back to earth as we welcomed MK Dons to Priestfield, and after are dramatic league cup victory they clearly had unfinished business and wanted the win more. That showed through as they convincingly beat us 2-1, even though Linganzi gave us the lead after four minuets to keep are incredible goal scoring record up, the Don's eventually broke us down and stole their winner in the 87th minuet.
View attachment 373718
All was not lost however, we was still in a strong league position and it was only are second defeat of the season, and we traveled to Wycombe Wanderers for are Johnstone's Paint trophy clash, and gave me a chance to rest some key players. With some key players out, my backup squad showed they was still capable of putting in a good performance, with McDonald coming back from an injury to prove he was fully fit and raring to go by scoring four goals, with Legge getting are 5th.
View attachment 373708
Unfortunately we couldn't copy are good form in the Johnstone's Paint trophy into the league as drew 0-0 with 19th placed Shrewsbury and was the first time we had failed to score in a game all season which was a big disappointment. We still sat 6th in the league however, and relegation was becoming more and more unlikely.
View attachment 373706
I knew we needed to start to pick up are form in the league soon, and hoped it would improve against Preston, however, we never got into the game, and played arguably the worst we had all season, finding are selves 2-0 down after 53 minuets. We did pull a goal back with Whelpdale after 62 minuets but it was not enough to salvage a point.
View attachment 373704
Overall, the last four league games proved to be a large reality check for me and the lads. We still sat in a strong position in the league, but we knew that would change so fast if we could not improve in the league. I sat in my office trying to think of new ideas to freshen the squad up, but i still could not deny that, looking at the league table, things could have been a whole lot worse.
View attachment 373703

Chapter Eight
Realistic Aims
I knew that only a win in the next game against Notts County would be acceptable if we was to keep are promotion dream even slightly alive. As i walked from my apartment to Priestfield i was surprised to be greeted with a crowd of journalists.
"Steven! Steven, Joe Ledly, Sky Sports, would it be possible to ask you a few questions"
"Umm, well, it will have to be quick, we got a game soon"
"Yes i understand, could you please give us an outlook on how you feel this season has played out for Gillingham this season?"
"Well, obviously we have made a strong start, won a few games and got some good draws in games, are main aim is to try and achieve some consistent form"
"We understand that you only have a one year deal with Gillingham, what do you feel you need to achieve to get an extension on that contract"
"That's up to the chairman, not me"
"And finally, what do you see as a realistic aim for Gillingham this season?"
"My realistic aim is to do as well as i possibly can for this football club. I'll be answering no further questions"

The game against Notts County went well, we secured a strong 3-1 win, with Vassell, Weston and a penalty from Akinfenwa securing all three points.
View attachment 373665
Up next was a game i felt we most defiantly could secure three points against Port Vale, who had a very leaky defense in the league, and with are good goal scoring form had this season, i felt there would be goals. We did get the win, with Vassell and Whelpdale getting on the score sheet to produce a 2-1 win, although the performance was not as strong as i would have hoped. We was quite lucky to get all three points and would need to improve in the next game. It did however show we was capable of grinding out results which was a massive plus.
View attachment 373664
Unfortunately, the performance didn't improve, and we couldn't grind out a result. We was absolutely smashed by a far superior Carlisle team who simply played better then us in every way. We did however have an FA cup clash and out Johnstone's Paint Trophy quarter final against Oxford up next to give us a break from league action.
View attachment 373663
It didn't get much better for us in the FA cup game against Tranmere, as we was once again beaten by a better side. we did have an early goal ruled out for an alleged push on their goalkeeper, and Tranmere scored from the resulting free kick. At 2-0 we pulled one back with Weston, and then had another goal ruled out for offside to prevent the comeback. All hopes of a comeback were crushed when Tranmere added their 3rd goal and secured out fate.
View attachment 373662
Things got back on track in the next game were we got a much needed win against Oxford, and meant we was in the semi final of the Johnstone's Paint trophy. This was a massive confidence boost, and the key goal came from the penalty spot on 45 minuets with Akinfenwa.
View attachment 373653
So with another three league games under the belt, and more importantly another six points, we still had a reasonably respectable league position.
View attachment 373652

Chapter Nine
Contract Talks
With over a quarter of the season gone, are amazing start was turning into an amazing season. Relegation was almost completely out of our minds and we was looking at a very strong position at least. Alas, we couldn't let complacency take in, so, as usual i stayed up late before the game against Sheffield United trying to cover every angle to get a good result.
We took the lead once again in the game with Smith after 24 minuets, but unfortunately paid the price for are defensive weaknesses and conceded an own goal just 7 minuets later, and the game fizzled out into a 1-1 draw, which was a fair result in the end.
View attachment 373634
Then we had what i felt would be a winnable game at home to bottom placed Oldham. However, it seems complacency got the better of us and although we dominated for most of the game, hitting the post twice, it was Oldham who took the lead through a corner. Super sub, Akinfenwa managed to rescue a point however with a fantastic drilled finish from 25 yards to ensure we got something from the game at least.
View attachment 373633
Things improved in the next game against Stevenage where we run out comfortable 2-0 winners to get us back to winning ways and more importantly keep us in a strong league position. Akinfenwa and Weston were the goal scorers for us on the night and i hoped this would provide the boost we needed for the crunch game against second place Rotherham in a few days time.
View attachment 373631
With the win against Stevenage and rumors of the Gillingham board getting ready to offer me a new contract, there was a real positive vibe around the training ground ahead of the game with Rotherham, and we would need everything we could get in order to get anything from the second place side, especially away from home. The game started with Rotherham pressing us high up the field, and led to them taking the lead after 35 minuets. Normally the lads would have their heads drop in these situations but due to the groups high morale, at half time we regrouped and got focused on the task ahead. 50 minuets gone and Whelpdale scored a fantastic finish across the goalkeeper to bring the scores level, and then in form man Akinfenwa smashed home the winner after 79 minuets to launch us into fourth place in the league and consequently convince the board to begin contract talks with me.
View attachment 373626
The next morning i was called into Mr Scally's office to discuss a new contract, and i was delighted. Not only had i managed to have my dream come true in getting the chance to be a football manager, and make me childhood club have an exceptional season, i now had full support of the board.
"Good morning Steve!"
"Morning Paul"
"Well Steve, me and the board have had a meeting over your future, and we have decided that due to such a fantastic start to the season, we feel that we trust you enough to offer an extension to your existing contract"
"Yes! that's brilliant! Lets get started shall we?"
"Well, do you have any requests to make before we enter negotiations?"
"Well, i would like to maybe see a improvement in the training facilities to allow are lads to improve"
"Unfortunately Steve, we just cant fund that at the moment, so we cannot accept your proposal"
"I understand Paul, well that's all i really wanted to discuss, so lets get on with the contract talks"

That night i was all over Sky Sports news! i couldn't believe the publicity i was receiving, as i turned on my TV that night the headlines all said:
View attachment 373619
Celebrations had to be put on hold however, as we had a Johnstone's Paint trophy semi final to tackle against Brentford. However, the lads never got going in the game, and are incredible cup run came to an end with a 3-0 defeat in which Brentford were the clear winners.
View attachment 373616
So after an incredible few weeks we sat fourth in the table with the play offs becoming more and more of a realistic aim, and if not this year, i knew i had at least until the end of the next season to try and push for promotion with my contract extension. I looked at the league table that night with an immense feeling of pride.
View attachment 373610

Chapter Ten
Halfway Through
With the midway point of the season fast approaching, and the lads still punching well above their weight, i was starting to really believe that the play offs were not the minimum we should be achieving to have a successful season. As the next game came against Peterborough, are fine form continued, as we came out on top with a convincing 1-0 win with Martin getting the only goal to strengthen are league position
View attachment 373589
The fine form continued as we won a epic battle against Tranmere. Goals from Linganzi and Weston plus an own goal from Taylor gave us a 3-1 lead, however Tranmere battled back and got one back on 69 minuets but we managed to hold out for the three points and pushed us into an incredible second place.
View attachment 373585
Up next was a home clash with Leyton Orient who had been struggling in the league, so i felt confident about extending are winning streak to five games, and the boys duly delivered with Akinfenwa getting the only goal on 22 minuets, and although Legge was sent off late on for a second yellow we held on to increase are remarkable form in the league and put seven points between us at 7th place.
View attachment 373582
Alas, all good things come to an end as we was given a reality check by Walsall who walked all over us to give them a 3-0 victory and put are five game winning streak to an end. However, we did still sit in second place by one point.
View attachment 373579
I felt confident that we could compensate for such a poor game against Walsall by getting all three points against a low in confidence Stevenage side who was struggling for points and fighting relegation. However, either a lack in quality or a touch of complacency meant that Stevenage held a 2-1 lead after 30 minuets, having once again throwing away are early goal from Akinfenwa. Martin did grab the equalizer after 34 minuets only for Stevenage to regain the lead in the 41st minuet. After getting an earful from me in the second half the boys went out and picked up their game and began to cause numerous problems for Stevenage, hitting the woodwork twice and having a goal disaloud before Weston finally got the equalizer after 55 minuets and i felt we could go on to win the game. Indeed it was in fact Stevenage who stole all three points as they won a corner from a counter attack and Hamber got his hat trick to sink mine and the lads hearts and drop us down to fourth place again.
View attachment 373578
Overall, the lads had done so much better then i could have even dreamed about in the opening half of the season, and no matter how the second half went we could be very proud of our efforts. My analysis of the first half was that are defense leaked too many goals, but we compensated rather well with are strong attack which was a main cause of our success this season.
View attachment 373577

let me no what you think so far guys! having a lot of fun with this save and never expected to do this well with gillingham and any feedback or support would be real helpful in motivating me to carrying on with the story :)

Great start and nicely written, keep it up. What tactic are you using?

Chapter Eleven
Inconsistency
I knew the lads would need to produce a run of consistent form if we was to keep up are play-off chances, but with Wolves up i knew it would be tough to start are winning run. However, with a exceptional strikers performance from are boys and some solid defensing, we pulled off a stunning 4-1 win, with Akinfenwa scoring two and Vassell and McDonald getting a goal each. I hoped this would be the start of something special.
View attachment 373163
Then came an away tie against 23rd placed Colchester where i felt we could add to are win against Wolves and keep us in a strong league position. However, Colchester took a quick lead after 3 minuets and meant we would have to chase the game from then on. We never really got going in the match, but McDonald bagged an equalizer for us after 58 minuets and i felt we could have gone on to win the game. It was not to be and the game ended 1-1 and meant that my hope for some consistent form was put on hold.
View attachment 373160
Up next was a derby clash with Swindon, and i felt that the win over Wolves was a perfect catalyst for us to get a result against are rivals and make amends for the injustice we felt in the last game. However it was not to be, and are rivals gave us a real lesson in football and smashed us 3-0.
View attachment 373161
The poor form continued as we came up against 2nd place Brentford and were easily beaten 2-0 by the much better side. We had dropped down to 6th in the league and was in real danger or undoing all are good work in the first half of the season, and i knew something would have to change if we was to stop being so inconsistent.
View attachment 373159
We had a chance to end are recent poor form with a trip to struggling Notts County. We needed to win the game or face dropping out of the play-offs and more importantly preventing a collapse in morale in the squad. Akinfenwa gave us the lead after 29 minuets with a low finish from 20 yards, but then Dack got sent off for a second yellow just 4 minuets later. With the man advantage Notts County pressed for an equalizer, but the lads help out for a vital 1-0 win and keeping us in the play-offs just about.
View attachment 373157
View attachment 373156

Great start and nicely written, keep it up. What tactic are you using?

I am currently using a 4-4-2 with a supporting target man and a poacher up front. Seems to work, my target man gets a lot of assists for my poacher and thanks for the support mate :)

Last edited: