TommiHelm

Reaction score
I decided to try and port my favorite tactic from FM 2014 - Locksmith Mr Hough tweak - and I think it's working well enough to post.

View attachment 333093

!!! - I'm taking zero credit for this.
It's all the work of Dantes7 and Mr Hough from last years FM (thread for that here: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/shar...ith-tactic-tactic-opens-all-locked-doors.html)

!!! - I'm not gonna continue tweaking this.
Just posting so people can use it as a base and maybe tweak it into something amazing.

I ported team and player instructions as close as I could, but haven't touched opposition instructions much as I've no idea where to start. For now I just put tight marking on central midfielders and closing down often on defenders. It seems to be working ok.

View attachment 333097

Training I use
View attachment 333094

Fixtures, table and squad ratings with Man Utd so far (signed Sirigu, Balanta and Volland).
View attachment 333099View attachment 333096View attachment 333095

Things where going almost to good, but we kept playing "bad" teams, so I waited until I played those 4 matches against Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool before posting. After picking up 10 points against them I think it's safe to say it's still a solid base.

!!! - I change mentality to "COUNTER" in big/tough matches. In this save I played counter against Chelsea, Man City and Liverpool away. I probably should have against Arsenal at home to.

Good luck, and I hope someone more tactically adept than me can tweak this into a monster.

Finished the season. Best league performance I've had since CM03/04 and the Diablo days. And that's with Rooney and RvP out with injuries for a total of 5 months.

View attachment 333016

Players topping all the important stats.

View attachment 333017

Set pieces needs some work though.

View attachment 333018

Lost just 1 game all season. Away to Chelsea in the FA Cup. Was a close game and we could just as easily have won, but Costa put his chances away and my strikers didn't.

One thing I noticed is the team-talk you can do during the match (from touchline) now is really helpful. Many times when we were on course for a draw after 65-75 minutes I would say "Assertive - Show some passion / Concentrate" and we'd get 1-2 goals almost every time.

I hope this is close to what the match engine will be in the full release. |)

Hey friend i want to ask you something because i cant win any match with other tactics...plz tell me this tactic works on PAOK of greek superlague!Thanks

training that u used during the season and beginning of the season??

Last edited:
I used the 2014 Version of this tactic. I'd love to see a good 2015-Remake. The one above is not working for me.

It's still working great for me, but I've tweaked it just a little bit and now using one version at home and one away.

- Changed midfield to a flat 3 at home, with the midle one just a central midfield role on defend
- Pulled one striker into midfield away (no player instructions)
- Added Zero Sea attacking corner and free kicks
- Using a version of the opposition instructions that every tactic on here seem to use now (not sure who started using it, but it's great)
- Using very specific team talks

Home and Away formations

View attachment 321866View attachment 321858View attachment 321865View attachment 321857

OI
View attachment 321863

Pre match team talk
1. ask assistant to do the overall team talk
2. add "assertive > have faith" on all 3 drop downs (defenders, midfielders and attackers) like below

View attachment 321862

Half time team talk
1. ask assistant to do overall team talk unless we're not winning
1.1 if not winning "assertive > not happy"
2. add "assertive > have faith" on all 3 drop downs (defenders, midfielders and attackers) like below

View attachment 321864

Full time team talk - what ever feels right.

During match
- away from home I always use "asseritve > tighten up" when leading with 2 goals or more.
- home I do the same as above, but if we're completely dominating I use "assertive > push forward" to try and get even more goals.

Team training during season
View attachment 321859

Pre season I use the above settings but with "Team Cohesion" on High and "Match Tactics"

Individual training
- just put everyone on the role you want them to play on heavy intensity

Current season table using the above in all matches and some fixtures
View attachment 321860View attachment 321861

Just one loss all season in all competitions. 1-0 away to City in a very even match.

PS! I have a world class squad, so take from it what you want, but this is by far the best performance I've had in all my seasons at the club.

PS!! Again, don't want any credit for this (see OP and start of this post)

I've been using your re-worked home and away tactics, and also following the tips on shouts, training, team-talk etc.....and it has worked absolutely brilliantly. Have tried with Arsenal (good squad, lots of cash) and also at a lower level with my own team Crewe (poor squad, no money) and in both cases, its been phenomenal. Brilliant work. I remember the original Locksmith Mr H tweak from last year, and that worked well too, your version for this years game is even better