craigo1409

Reaction score
After downloading and messing around with countless tactics from this site I finally got round to creating my own. Expecting nothing more than complete failure from my tactic I was pleasently surprised to find the results to have been very successful.

The tactic is based ariund the philospophy of 5 and 5. This being that the team has 5 main defensive players and 5 main attacking players. However, it also allows more flexibility in that, for example, the defensive wingers in my team play on attack duty, therefore despite being 2 of the 5 attack minded players, they also help out with defense.

View attachment 130154 View attachment 130395
The players here have all been purchased on free transfers and are not the reason this formation is successful as the same players have been unsuccessful with other formations and the tactic has been tested with other players.

For those wondering, the team in the image is Inverurie Loco Works and I am playing on the database of the Scottish Football Revolution downloaded from this site.

Team Instructions:

Philosophy - Balanced
Starting Strategy - Attacking
Passing Style - Shorter
Creative Freedom - More Expressive
Closing Down - Stand-off More
Tackling - Default
Marking - Man Marking
Crossing - Default
Roaming - More Roaming

Player Instructions:

Goalkeeper - Goalkeeper - Defend
Left Back - Full Back - Defend
Central Defenders - Limited Defender - Defend
Right Back - Full Back - Defend
Defensive Midfielder - Anchor Man - Defend
Left Midfielder - Defensive Winger - Attack
Right Midfielder - Defensive Winger - Attack
Left Centre Attacking Midfielder - Advanced Playmaker - Attack
Right Centre Attacking Midfielder - Attacking Midfielder - Attack
Striker - Advanced Forward - Attack

Miscellainious:

OI - None
Match Preperation - Ask Assistant

NOTE: This is only the beta stage of the tactic however, early signs are that it is very effective. All feedback - good and bad - is welcomed, and any suggestions and tips will be taken onboard. Thanks and good luck.

Last edited:
I've tweaked the tactic now to make the defence more solid.Since the tweak I've had mor clean sheets with no real difference to goals scored. I changed both central defenders to Limited Defenders and the Defensive Midfielder to an anchor man. I've also dropped the defensive line back a bit. Overall this does not stop the opposition from shooting but it limits their chances to shoot. I.e. although it may look like they've had a lot of shots, around 75% of those will be from long range. this way they have very few clear cut chances and therefore score very few goals.

Il give it a look seem to be going nowere at the moment with my own tactic , my media prediction was first for middlesboro ...currently languashing in 8th atm and cant seem to get a lucky break.

Il post some feedback too if i get time to play properly next few days.

Just Downloaded this mate and using it now. Will let you know how it goes