PercentageGame

Premium
Reaction score

Beijing Guoan F.C. Is a professional Chinese football club that currently participates in the Chinese Super League.
The team is based in the Chaoyang District in Beijing and their home stadium is the Workers Stadium that has a seating capacity of 66,161. Their majority shareholder is the CITIC Group, a state-owned investment company of the People's Republic of China.
The club's predecessor was called Beijing Football Club and they predominantly played in the top tier, where they won several domestic league and cup titles. On December 29, 1992 the club was recognized to become a completely professional football club making them one of the founding members of the first fully professional top tier league in China. Since then they have gone on to win their first ever professional league title in the 2009 league season as well as the 1996, 1997 and 2003 Chinese FA Cup.

In this Challenge no player will be allowed to remain at the club beyond their 21st​ birthday. Players can be sold on the transfer market before this date but must be released on a free the day they turn 21 if they are still at the club

I have used the editor to remove all players within the club who are 21 years and older. This is the only editorial that has been done.

The Chinese transfer market allows for 3 domestic transfers of players under 21 in each of the two transfer windows ( unlimited other transfers) with just two foreign transfers in the June Transfer window only.
The Chinese also don’t allow any foreign goalkeepers in their league
The only countries counted as non foreign are China , Hong Kong and Macau.

My initial meeting with our managing Director Fu Xiaodong went well with the usual talk about staff assessments
View attachment 151799

Having removed all of our players 21 years old and over our odds to win the Super League have been dramatically cut to 2000/1 with our board expecting us to battle bravely against relegation.
That said we do have two of the best players in the League both of which we can keep for at least a couple of years.

Sheng Pengfei
View attachment 151797

Zhang Yan
View attachment 151796

The club itself is in a good condition.
View attachment 151795

We will need to keep a close eye on the players birthdays , the last thing we need is to lose half of the first team playing squad all within a short period of time without suitable replacements ready to step up.
Although finances wont be as important we will still keep an eye on the transfer market for those hidden gems who can come in and make a difference very quickly.

Current First Team Squad
View attachment 151794

Current Reserves
View attachment 151793

Current Staff
View attachment 151792

Finances aren’t looking too bad although the prospect of attracting staff and players to a club seemingly unable to compete will be interesting to say the least
View attachment 151791

Coaches and Scouts have initially recommended that we need to address the centre of the park and our strikers. With that in mind they have recommended

Gao Huaze
View attachment 151790

Liang Xueming – although with his 21st birthday in August it’s a short term fix
View attachment 151789

My first job as manager will be to assess the player over the course of our friendlies and CL East Playoff to see where we need to immediately strengthen , Left midfield jumps out simply because we have no natural left sided players at the football club.
Results obviously aren’t important as we look to see which players will step up and which formation we will be using this season.
I will also be assessing all staff members but this will be over a longer period of time.

Friendlies and AFC Champions League East Playoffs
View attachment 151788

My next post will come at the start of the season , with a long hard slog expected ahead....

Good luck mate! Don't really know anything about Chinese football, so I'll definitely be following :)