Logo Opinions Welcome

davidar

Reaction score
Decided to try my hand at making some logos myself and thought I would post the ones that I have done here to let people see them and also just to give me their thoughts on how they look.

Now I need to stress that I have only added the specific textured look to these logos as these are the original SilkySideways design which I am taking no credit for. All credit to the Sideways design goes to StuW and everyone else that helped him with that specific design. I am not trying to steal anyones designs here but merely just trying do another twist and look on them to give them a more textured look.

If anyone that designed the SilkySideways logos is not happy with me using their design for this type of logo please let me know and I'll remove.

I have only done a few just to see how they look.

View attachment 111787 View attachment 111788 View attachment 111789 View attachment 111790 View attachment 111791 View attachment 111792

Kind of reminds me of silky sideways and stu'w's new logos fmc-11, did you copy his style and mix into one?

Kind of reminds me of silky sideways and stu'w's new logos fmc-11, did you copy his style and mix into one?

I have mentioned yeh that I used his SilkySideways design to do this. I never merged it with his other design though no.

I did mention that I am not taking any credit for the Sideways design though - I only added the textured look.

as he said these are from the silky sideways...

they look not bad to start with try adding more shadow to them

Looks like a mix of FMC'11 and Silky-Sideways, which is quite plaguarismic, (real word?)

And to be honest looks like someones had Silky-Sideways hidden in their tight jeans pocket.
But yeh, just my opinion, i'm sure someone likes them...

they are nice logo's

:)

Nice edit Calum.

Quickly deleted your original post I see.

On Topic: Not really a fan mate as I just like plain logos usually, but good work. Keep it up.

The reflection is a bit heavy on some of them and it makes them hard to read. Otherwise they look pretty good.

Looks like a mix of FMC'11 and Silky-Sideways, which is quite plaguarismic, (real word?)

And to be honest looks like someones had Silky-Sideways hidden in their tight jeans pocket.
But yeh, just my opinion, i'm sure someone likes them...

I was trying to give them that kinda clothing look to them. A bit like how a badge looks and feels on the football shirts.

---------- Post added at 09:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

The reflection is a bit heavy on some of them and it makes them hard to read. Otherwise they look pretty good.

Thanks :D Yeh I noticed that some of them you can't read as well as others so might have to adjust a bit.

How did you get the action for those logos? I only sent it to a couple of people.

How did you get the action for those logos? I only sent it to a couple of people.

I never got any action for them. I just opened one of the Silky logos that I have downloaded and played about with it that way.

Thanks DMF & Calum. I have done all of the logos for the Scottish leagues now but think I might try them with a bit more of a deeper shadow (like Neall suggested) to see how they compare :D

Good work there. Just wondering if you asked permission from StuW. Its not a matter of using or not their style. You can always modify it and publish as long as you get the permission to do so. In any case, just like I said it, superb job. Hope to see more.

PS Are you going to do leagues and all that or just upon request?

He does not need anyone's permission if he created them from scratch, which he says he did.

Good work there. Just wondering if you asked permission from StuW. Its not a matter of using or not their style. You can always modify it and publish as long as you get the permission to do so. In any case, just like I said it, superb job. Hope to see more.

PS Are you going to do leagues and all that or just upon request?

Glad you like them :D

Once I get the actual game (I'm playing the demo at the moment, but I don't really want to play it anymore as the demo is only limited and I will need to start a new game to get the full effect of the game) I may actually see about doing the leagues. I have never uploaded them on here before so people can download them so I may have a look into doing that. I just done the Scottish leagues on my own game to see how they looked and thought I'd put some on here to see if people liked them.

If enough people like them then I will seriously see about putting them up for people to download. I'm quite chuffed qith the response I have had so far to be honest especially with it being my first time in doing anything like this.