Logos & Kits for Failed A-League Bid Teams

kawalski

Reaction score
Ok this is not entirely to do with Logos but does included them. As I've mentioned in the Australian State League Logos thread that I'm working on my own Australian league xml file (which I'll hopefully finish before the start of next season). One of the things I decided to do was to include some of the Failed A-League bid teams. They where Sydney Rovers, Tasmania United, Canberra United & Geelong City. So naturaly I started searching for team Logos & Team strips for these teams.

Sydney Rovers was easy;
View attachment 214847View attachment 214848

These are the official logo & colours but then I found these excellent mock up team kits;

View attachment 214849View attachment 214850View attachment 214851View attachment 214852View attachment 214853

Not really that keen on the red kit but otherwise these are really nice. And finally two more Rovers mockups;

View attachment 214855View attachment 214856

Ok plenty there, Personally I'd probably go with the "official" kits but some of these are so good I'd like to know what people think?

Next is Tasmania United. I found a couple of logos for them;

View attachment 214857View attachment 214858

I really like the first logo, don't much like the 2nd. Then heres a couple of kits;

View attachment 214859View attachment 214860

Again I really like the first picture, shame theres no away kit. Not sure about the 2nd picture. Don't like the logo but the home kit is similar to the hoops version of the Sydney Rovers kit. Is red & black appropriate colours for a Tassie side.

View attachment 214861

This is the tassie state side playing Sydney FC in a pre-season friendly. I like the colours but it's a little to similar to the green & red first picture but perhaps as an third team colour?

Next is Canberra United;

View attachment 214864

The logo for the W-League team or something similar would suit.

View attachment 214865

I like these two kits but another idea might be to revive the Canberra Cosmos.

View attachment 214866

I don't know about you but I think they have a really cool name plus when you say Cosmos you think Pele. Maybe he could make another comeback....

View attachment 214867View attachment 214868View attachment 214869

But despite having a cool name, Cosmos didn't exactly cover themselves in glory & after a short existance they went out with a wimper. Not the sort of thing that legends are made of?

Lastly Geelong City. I was pleased to see that the Geelong Aussie Rules team has given their blessing to this bid & would likely be linked to the A-league team. Ok Both Carlton & Collingwood tried it & failed in the NSL day's but the Geelong bid in my opinion could have worked.

View attachment 214870 View attachment 214871
Given it's link to the Aussie rules club I'd have thought the logo would be a modified version of one of these. I'd prefer the first as this looks more like a Soccer/Football Club logo.

View attachment 214872

This kit is from the Big Footy forum as somebodies idea of what the Geelong gursey would look like as a Football Shirt. I don't mind it but perhaps the QPR or Reading kit would be more appropriate.

Team Nicknames & Est. dates. Sydney Rovers 2009, Rovers (no suprise there), Canberra United 2009, Chiefs or Capitals, Tasmania United 2008, Apples or Convicts & Geelong City 2010, Cats or Hoops.

So what do you think? Has anybody else worked on either a Logo or team kits for these sides. Does anybody want to have a go? If so please post them here.

Wow! 96 views (currently) & nobodies got an opinion? I thought at least somebody out there would have had a crack at creating some logos for these teams but maybe I was mistaken?