loisvale

Reaction score
I used this brilliant tactic from Lokito in FM 2015 very successfully and replicated it for 2016 with even more success. It is logically thought through and is patch proof. The best thing about it is that you can happily change the mentality of it without losing fluidity during matches and you can tinker about with it to your hearts content. Tested it in TTFs test league and it was sensational. Have had back to back promotions with Sheff Utd, 2 Dutch league wins and various cups with Ajax and a league and Euro cup final with Liverpool in one career save so far. As Lokito says you must be dynamic with it to get the best out of it but it works very well with instant result if that is your thing ( I use that for the capital one cup only). Not sure how to upload tactics but if you load it in 2015 you can see PI and TI and go from there. Highly recommend it. Lokito is a brilliant tactic maker and makes tactics that you have to be clever with which makes the game more fun for me. Hope he does one here for 2016!

Below is his intro from the 2015 tactic

LOKITO BALANCED TACTIC

uxMZsKm.jpg

Hello ppl, how you doing ?
I started creating this tactic in the first patches, but then i abandoned it to play the Guardiola style. In recent times, a friend of mine asked be if i had a tactic to play with lower teams, and i remembered this tactic, that i was creating in the past and was curious if it was still working. With minor tweaks i think i got something interesting. It consists in a balanced tactic, with balanced mentality, that allows you to change your strategy with a minor loss of fluidity. The team plays very compact (as u all know i´m a fan of it), trying to avoid spaces between them. I tested it in a very strong league, playing with a very poor team, astonishingly poor tbh

PLAYER ROLES

SK - A normal keeper, but try to have a fast one if u can

CD - Typical central defenders, positioning, tackling and with good acceleration and pace (of course if u can afford it)

FB/WB - Balanced full backs, with good acceleration and pace. The right one is supportive and the left one is in auto, depending in the team mentality. This players give your team some width in the attacking process.

DM - Strong midfielder, with good tackling and positioning. This is an important role, try to have players with good physical in all CENTRAL midfield positions.

WM - Balanced players work well here. Left foot in right side, right foot in left side and vice versa, worked for me in a mixed play, crossing and more central play. Try to have fast players and with good stamina.

BBM - The normal B2B type. A complete midfielder, able to defend and attack.

CM - Try to have a more creative player in this position. Another type of player worked for me, but with a more quality player in this role, u will get more quality play.

CF - Complete forward. That says all. :)

TRAINING

PRE-SEASON

(during 2 weeks)

There's no team instructions or oi's could you post screenshots of those and player instructions

Fan of Lokitos tactics, but could you share some results too?

There's no team instructions or oi's could you post screenshots of those and player instructions

Okay here goes;

Team instructions – play out of defence, whipped crosses, run at defence, plain narrower, push higher up," and much more, get stuck in, use offside trap, prevent short goalkeeper distribution, lower tempo.

Mentality – standard
shape – fluid

Player instructions
complete forward – shoot less often, marked tighter, pass it shorter
right wide midfielder – shoot less often, dribble more, tackle harder, marked tighter, pass it shorter, cross from byline, cross aim centre, set narrower, cut inside with ball, cross less often, close down much more.
Left wide midfielder – same as above
central midfielder attack – shoot less often, dribble less, tackle harder, marked tighter, pass it shorter, more risky passes, cross more often, move into channels, close down much more.
Box to box midfielder – shoot less often, tackle harder, marked tighter, pass it shorter more risky passes, cross more often, move into channels, close down more often.
Central defender stopper left-hand side ease off tackles, Mark tighter, hold position, pass it shorter, close down much more
Central defender stopper right hand side tackle harder, Mark tighter, pass it shorter, close down much more
left-hand side wingback shoot less often, dribble less, tackle harder, get further forward, pass it shorter, more risky passes, cross from byline, set narrower, cross less often, close down much more
full-back right-hand side – shoot less often, dribble less, tackle harder, pass it shorter, more risky passes, stay wider, close down much more
defensive midfielder – shoot less often, ease off tackles, Mark tighter, pass it shorter, fewer risky passes, close down much more
sweeper keeper – pass it shorter, fewer risky passes, distribute to centre backs, distribute quickly

Just let your assistant manager (make sure he has very good tactical knowledge) choose your opposition instructions and refresh when your opponent makes changes etc

As lokito said when introducing the tactics last year put this tactic into one slot and then put a contain and overload version into the other slots and you can then go across to mentality range without harming fluidity during matches. If you use contain you should select stick to positions and waste time. If I am using overload I often increase the passing and select shoot on sight.

I'm sorry I am unable to load the tactic I have adapted but you should manage it from the information above.

Give it a go it is awesome!

Fan of Lokitos tactics, but could you share some results too?
Would love to but I'm not good at that kind of thing. You'll have to take my word for it or run it in ttf test and see for yourself! It was great in League one and has got better and better in each division.

Interesting. Tbh i never thoughtabout this. Very good, Lois. :)

I put it together and uploaded it, pretty sure its correct. Its certainly working nicely for my Kidderminster side in League 2.

4-1-4-1_6C0AF5C1-12D4-42AE-BED5-BE1B1F16C886

Edit: Didnt see the previous post....oh well, there are two now lol

Good stuff. Just remember it is not a plug and play and you need to tinker about with it to get the best out of it. Below are some tips Lokito gave out last year when using it and you can experiment with other things as well knowing it is a solid base!

IMPORTANT
  • Use the tactic in all 3 spots and change 2 of them to CONTAIN and OVERLOAD. This allows you to change mentality during matches with minor changes in fluidity.
  • Use your brain during matches and identify when the team needs "tweaking". When u have the lead and you feel you need it, try to be more cautions, use DEFEND for a while and CONTAIN in the last minutes (add the waste time and play safer). When you need to score use ATTACK for a while and when it doesn´t work, use OVERLOAD. Try to put the D-line even higher if u feel your team has the stamina for that.
  • Train PPM´s in the WM (run with ball and passing instead of shooting), CM and B2B (tries one twos), other ppm´s might work, feel free to test them.
  • For opposition instructions always use your ***. MAN. (tactical knowledge is very important in this). DURING MATCHES, WHEN YOU CHANGE SOMETHING IN THE TACTIC OR WHEN U SEE THE OPPOSITION CHANGED SOMETHING, KEEP ASKING YOU ***. MAN. TO "REFRESH" THE OPPOSITION INSTRUCTIONS.
  • Corners are taken by the CM or B2B, ALWAYS (you can also use the Full backs if u feel it works better for you).
  • Keep you squad with high morale and fitness. Do some rotation and give some playing time to all players, to maintain the cohesion, very important in FM. Praise or criticize your players when u feel they deserve it and use the team reunions to rise up the moral, after a crappy draw or defeat.

tactic is pretty strong in the way of possession but IMO it doesnt score enough as most of the players just pass around the box until they lose it!!! and a thanks would of been nice for the people who took time to upload the tactic for you on ur behalf ;)

tactic is pretty strong in the way of possession but IMO it doesnt score enough as most of the players just pass around the box until they lose it!!! and a thanks would of been nice for the people who took time to upload the tactic for you on ur behalf ;)

Well it scores plenty if you tinker around with def line going higher, exploiting the flanks, the middle, expressing yourself etc. Really depends on what your opponent is doing. As I say you can't just plug in and watch. That's why I like it so much. Anyway each to their own! Thank you for uploading the tactic and it was no problem pointing you in the direction of a tactic you were happy to try. No thanks necessary!