FMCrazy14

Reaction score
I just became England manager after capello retiring and me doing back to back quadruples with liverpool, im in summer 2012, so can i manage them for the olympics?

yes, if you got to team settings within a month of the olympics and click under-23's and press be manager

Yes! Thanks everyone, just going to put carroll, wilshere, shelvey and phil jones in the team :)

Isn't it was Great Britain that gets entered in the Olympics, not just England? Surely that would apply for Football as well.

No it doesnt, im managing england under 23s now in the olympics.Maybe they were to lazy to do that

Isn't it was Great Britain that gets entered in the Olympics, not just England? Surely that would apply for Football as well.

No it doesnt, im managing england under 23s now in the olympics.Maybe they were to lazy to do that

If you look at the real life situation with regard to Team GB's football team at the 2012 Olympics, FM has replicated it pretty well. In real life the FA's of Wales, Scotland and N.Ireland are refusing to enter their players under the Team GB banner for fear of losing the own national team identities in the future, ie being absorbed permenantly into one Great British football team. So at the moment, Engand will represent Team GB at London 2012, there are behind the scenes moves to get the other nations to allow their players to participate, but as of yet, nothing is in place. So England U-23's is probably as accurate as FM can get.

Last edited:
As England under 21 manager, do i get to manage the Olympic team?

And does this only apply to the latest patch?

Many thanks

no it's the senior team manager as i was under 21 manager when the olympics came round and then senior manager, stuart pearce, took over the under 23 team instead of letting me do it which imo would have been better as i was in charge of teh under 21's and was working with most of the players that ended up getting picked.

****, thank you.

Am tempted to use the editor around the time to make me manager, or would this not be possible as it would remove Capello as senior manager wouldnt it? :/