London City FC - A City On The Rise

Just read all of this what an enthralling read... Real rollercoaster journey too with the slow struggling start to the powerhouse you are now great work bud

WOW!! What a story and what a rise my friend. Something I have considered doing with my local team but would lack the savy and know how to do such a thing as successfully. Is there a chance I could PM you to pick your brain and find out how you done this? Again, what a story and I'm sure plenty would support LCFC!

Thanks a lot Iceman362 I can only imagine how long it took you to read through all that. It definitely started slowly and those years in non league football took a lot of motivation to get through but yes, we're now a real force in England and Europe.

Thanks ConorDow Its definitely been a fun rise. I have seen and replied to your PM. I'm no FM nerd but can try and help with what I know. I'd like to think there are a few London City supporters out there now.

[FONT=&quot]London City FC - December 2040[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
rKUqZX0.png
QOn97jz.png
2pQjmvA.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Decided to get through another month on this save as I switch between my two bigger careers now. This one will always have a soft spot on me due to the longevity and transformation I've achieved with London City now. We're Premier League and Champions League double winners. Scooped six trophies in one season last year but I still feel we're yet to finish the task I set out. But we shall see if we can get to the end of another season.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
s9tFwwL.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We round off the 2040 calendar year in pleasing form despite a small hiccup with players perhaps in the Christmas spirit a little bit too early. But lets go back to the start of the month, a trip to Tottenham and a superb display with us claiming a five one win, Sam Wood our main man as he hit a hatrick. Da Costa netted eleven minutes into the second half with Willis striking in injury time. Another trip, this time out of England as we faced FC Steaua but settled for a nil nil draw in the Champions League. We managed to defend our crown in the Club World Championship. A scare in the Semi Finals as it took penalties to see off Monterrey after a two all draw. The Final was more straight forward, we dominated the game and won two nil, Bird hitting a brace. Our EFL Cup run continues as we went on to beat Cardiff two one, Wood fired us ahead before the host leveled. We won it nineteen minutes from time when Davies leveled for us. Two defeats followed, we lost out against Barnsley away from home, two nil before losing one nil at home against Liverpool. The year ended on a better note with us beating Fulham three two. We were three up at half time with goals from Wood, Andrews and Dunn. Luckily we didn't bottle it completely, but this could of been more comfortable than we made it.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
hfkrq8j.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]League holders Manchester United continue to lead the way after nineteen league games however if we win all three of our games in hand we can jump them by a single point. Time will tell. They currently sit two points clear of their near and dear rivals Manchester City who are a further six points ahead of us. We then open up a four point gap over the Merseyside brothers Liverpool and Everton. We're going to face conjested fixture lists this second half of the season so will need to be at our best from now if we want to regain the league title from the Red Devils.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
epFQ9ds.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our spot was already confirmed before this game in the next round but here is the final group stage. An unbeaten stint in the Champions League to date for us but not the prettiest run. We won three and drew three of our six group stage games and this was enough to see off Barcelona by a point. Sporting head for Europa League finishing third place with eight points whilst FC Steaua finish bottom with a single point, which they got from us. We'll face Germany side Leverkusen in the First Knockout Round as we seek a third straight Champions League trophy.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Next Update: England - 2040[/FONT]

I read all of this in these last two days.
Happy to have read it all the way!

You go!

I last wrote on this manager story nearly 6 moths ago cant believe its still going.
Well done to you mate for going this long, great dedication.

Going to try revive this save to at least finish off season 25! Fitting way to end would be there. watch this space.

Read through this the last couple of days and its been fantastic can't wait for you to start your FM18 Manager stories if your doing one

Read through this the last couple of days and its been fantastic can't wait for you to start your FM18 Manager stories if your doing one

Wow cheers dude! I'll be back in fm18 for sure, unsure on what i'll do for it tho

[FONT=&quot]___________________________________________________________________
London City FC - End of Season 2040/41 - 25 years on[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
u2CpKmL.png
rKUqZX0.png
QOn97jz.png
2pQjmvA.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]So I went on to complete the twenty fifth season at the helm of London City FC and this will be one big update, covering the remainder of the season from January to the end of May. With all the competitions run down to the end of the season, could we make it a high season to go out on. We were looking to claw back the Premier League title off Manchester United, whilst looking to retain the Champions League for a third straight year. Lets see how everything unfolded over the remainder of this season.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
ij9DBOS.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]No EFL cup success this year, we began strongly in the competition beating Leyton Orient comfortably as expected. Went o to beat Stoke at home but required penalties before knocking out Cardif in the Quarter Finals. Our biggest rivals especially as of late, Manchester United, knocked us out the Semi Finals, beating us two nil and three nil over the two legs.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
OUT0zb3.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]After five FA Cup titles in a row and six in the last seven seasons, unfortunately our run of dominance in the competition comes to a close. We beat Cambridge three two in a nervy away game in the Third Round. We then traveled to Premier League rivals Arsenal, a London derby and unfortunately crashed out after Sam Wood had put us ahead.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
ZTj7m85.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We weren't even able to defend our Champions League crown! Gunning for a third title and we blew it! Obviously we've already seen the run down in the group stage which we easily sailed through. The First Knockout Round saw us face Germain side Leverkusen who we drew one all away from home and beat comfortably three nil second leg. The Quarter Finals saw us draw one all at home to Manchester United, but beat them three two away from home, a late Godwin goal helping us across the line. For the third knockout game first leg running, we drew 1-1 in the Semi Final against AS Saint Etienne, but losing one nil at home, after going overload to grab a goal before we conceded and crashed out. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]All eyes on the Premier League...[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
H6mEnMh.png

hj8yO3t.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Our worse season for a while, not only missing out on regaining a league title from premier League champions Manchester United but we finished down in third in fact! An awful season on our behalf. United were unstoppable, just three defeats all season and we dealt them one of those. City finished second, sixteen points behind their City rivals whilst we were a further three points behind.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not the way I wanted to end the season and career, but it was very enjoyable run over the last year of FM17! Roll on FM18![/FONT]

So with FM18 now only a month away and the beta most likely just over two weeks away I thought I'd take the plunge and get some ideas from you guys what you would perhaps like to see me do for FM18 for a career. Over the last couple of years I've gone down a few different routes with varying success and having you guys on board throughout has helped motivation as I've reached seasons I never thought I would, what would you be interested in seeing me do for the new game, a couple ideas below:

- Around the World - attempt to win every league and cup playable on the default database

- Build a nation - take over a club in a small nation (Wales, Gibraltar, San Marino etc) build the league and country up to eventual multiple Champions League winners

- One club save - Take on a club and stay with them throughout the seasons try to win as much as possible

- Journeyman - go where the crow flies, no aims or objectives just enjoy the moving around

- Create a club save - Like I did last year with London City FC, create a club and take them to be world beaters.

- Your ideas....

Last edited:
Shame, but at least you tied it all off neatly.

Roll on FM18 indeed - I'll finally have the current FM version so I'll be able to do a career story of my own! Huzzah!

Look forward to reading whatever you do in FM18 :)

My vote would be for Build-A-Nation, albeit progress can be horrendously slow since you need other clubs to pull their weight to keep that coefficient rising. Still, that would be my choice.

Good stuff Sammuthegreat, be interesting to see what you come up with.

Thanks for your vote, obviously I'll see what everyone across the other sites also think and then come to a decision. Build a nation is good, once you get a club there or there abouts and win the CL its just a case of getting ready to move to the next