matt060282

Reaction score
Not posted before so I apologise if this has been discussed elsewhere...

I am playing a 4-2-3-1 formation and it's going well, with some good results and lots of chances created. However, whoever i play as a lone striker basically plays awful (according to the rating), usually getting 5.9 or lower for his performance.

I have tried playing strikers as 'Target Men', chaging the method of passing to them, tried changing there creativesness, attacking, 'hold up' tick box. But nothing seems to consistantly get even average performances out of any strikers in that Lone role.

Any suggestions? Am i missing the obvious???

matto give us some more info - what kind of striker are you using (tall/pacey), what about your formation, team/player settings?

Roque Santa cruz is the only target man who has ever worked for me

My wigan team i had pantelic up him self i found getting the attackers and a mid center up got me more goals but pantelic only got me 12 goals :(

for a tall striker my first choice would be Artem Milevskyi. however i prefer "run onto ball" which Vagner Love and Vela (when learned Beat Offside Trap) are the top for

dont really have an answer but im using same formation awesome passing moves but my amc has a nightmare almost every game

Cardozo is head and shoulders above all other Target Men in the game... (tend to prefer fast strikers though)

I have used that formation with him, he scores... you playing that with wingers or not?

Why is that are you man city all the time lol he is ****

Cardozo is best target man on game i think
umm mate at least i dont glory support liverpool like you, i support man city therefore i play as them, cardozo is ok but santa cruz scored 39 goals in first season with me, with blackburn

How do you know he Glory supports then mate? If he's a glory support then so am I :mad:

umm mate at least i dont glory support liverpool like you, i support man city therefore i play as them, cardozo is ok but santa cruz scored 39 goals in first season with me, with blackburn

How am i a glory supporter ??
I have always supported them and always will.

Exactly, don't have to come from the area to support them.(Although I Kinda Do)

u support them because they are good

So
Is every Man Utd fan a glory supporter ?
Is every Chelsea fan a glory Supporter ?
Is every Arsenal fan a glory Supporter ?
Is every Real Madrid fan a glory Supporter ?
Is every Barcelona fan a glory Supporter ?
Is every A.C. Milan fan a glory supporter ?

I think you get my point about that

Hey Man city are a good team are they not ??

So guess what....YOUR A GLORY SUPPORTER THEN!

If you want to improve his rating help him out a bit by using the glitches in the match engine. For example if he is strong good at jumping brave and an awesome headerer (at least 17 on all) set him to challenge keeper on corners and set your corner taker to aim for the 6 yard box. (cardozo is a beast at this)

Another thing you could try is lowering you tempo, the slower the tempo the more accurate his shooting will be because he wont be in a rush to get the shot off quickly.

As for the AMC not playing well try removing him from free role and lowering his creative freedom. This worked brilliant for me with Xavi and Rakitic

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Another thing to try for a lone striker is to uncheck every option and give your striker a free role, keirrison thrives on this. It did reduce the effectiveness of the my attacking midfielders tho as they didnt really have anyone to play off. I noticed My AMC in the very centres pass completion rate drop significantly when the lone striker didnt have hold up the ball checked.

If you want to improve his rating help him out a bit by using the glitches in the match engine. For example if he is strong good at jumping brave and an awesome headerer (at least 17 on all) set him to challenge keeper on corners and set your corner taker to aim for the 6 yard box. (cardozo is a beast at this)

Another thing you could try is lowering you tempo, the slower the tempo the more accurate his shooting will be because he wont be in a rush to get the shot off quickly.

As for the AMC not playing well try removing him from free role and lowering his creative freedom. This worked brilliant for me with Xavi and Rakitic

---------- Post added at 12:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

Another thing to try for a lone striker is to uncheck every option and give your striker a free role, keirrison thrives on this. It did reduce the effectiveness of the my attacking midfielders tho as they didnt really have anyone to play off. I noticed My AMC in the very centres pass completion rate drop significantly when the lone striker didnt have hold up the ball checked.

I don't think he will have too many problems now

Thanks for the advice. I'm gonna try the various things people have suggested. It's really bugging me though as i'm basically playing with 10 ten it seems when the strikers don't perform. I think based on what people have said that it might be best to go out in the Jan window and simply buy a classic target man type player.... tall, strong, good header. That way i can set all the settings to suit him.

p.s. if anyone could help me out with my other post on custom training i would be very grateful!!

I switch between Vaclav Kadlec and Jeronimo Barrales. Still having not luck despite devoting 4 hours this morning to it. They still average about 5.6 a game. AGHHH!!! frustrating.