jameslufc

Reaction score
Has anyone had any success creating a lone striker tactic that works outside of the top division? I am finding that most of these tactics seem to use a complete forward role for the lone striker and there are very few strikers who do well in this role. I am playing as Leeds and would like to use a 4-2-3-1 but all of my strikers have completed forward as their lowest rated role. Is there any way of tweaking a complete forward tactic to make it work with a target man/deep lying forward? Or are there any tactics out there using this formation which already have a target man/deep lying forward role for the lone striker?

Thanks

Has anyone had any success creating a lone striker tactic that works outside of the top division? I am finding that most of these tactics seem to use a complete forward role for the lone striker and there are very few strikers who do well in this role. I am playing as Leeds and would like to use a 4-2-3-1 but all of my strikers have completed forward as their lowest rated role. Is there any way of tweaking a complete forward tactic to make it work with a target man/deep lying forward? Or are there any tactics out there using this formation which already have a target man/deep lying forward role for the lone striker?

Thanks

The standard 4-2-3-1 (wide) is built around a DLF but this triggered a shift towards a back 2 and a holding midfielder in the modern game so they need to be a pretty good player to play effectively as a lone striker - Hence why many use a complete forward in that position.

The striker being effective has more to do with your midfield supply anyway so make sure the passing lines are open and your creative players are acctually getting the ball to him. Assuming your DLF is holding up the ball well and making penetrative runs or making into the channels. Lone strikers can be very easy to defend agasint since it's a focial point so be aware that you may not have the players to play the system.