DaleP88

Reaction score
View attachment 435312View attachment 435311View attachment 435310 im dundee utd and play 4-2-3-1 and play a poacher as the lone striker so he's always on the last defenders shoulder and it work for a while but now it seems hees went off the boil the last 5-6 games, now i seem to have to rely on my wingers to score goals. its always nice goals coming from the wings but whats the best position for a lone striker?. CF/AF/P OR TM? any suggestions would be much appreciated

I always use an AF for my 4-5-1 formation.I also tell him to move into channels and roam from position

I always use an AF for my 4-5-1 formation.I also tell him to move into channels and roam from position
cheers buddy since its 4am i'll try that tomorrow lol, cheers for the feedback

You won't get more goals from him as advance forward compared to poacher. Some strikers may fair better if they sit deeper, but then you'll need good strength, long shots, teamwork etc

Are your wingers on attack duty? If so they will look to score instead of cross.

I think if you have a striker in an attacking role you need to have supporting players so maybe he just isn't getting the support he needs. You can also play with different crossing settings like drill if he's fast and then different player instructions like cross more often.

The ppm "likes to beat the offside trap"is kinda essential too.

You can also look at his scoring attributes and change a ppm according to whether he's better off placing or powering shots.

Sent from my Crescent using Tapatalk 4

You won't get more goals from him as advance forward compared to poacher. Some strikers may fair better if they sit deeper, but then you'll need good strength, long shots, teamwork etc

Are your wingers on attack duty? If so they will look to score instead of cross.

I think if you have a striker in an attacking role you need to have supporting players so maybe he just isn't getting the support he needs. You can also play with different crossing settings like drill if he's fast and then different player instructions like cross more often.

The ppm "likes to beat the offside trap"is kinda essential too.

You can also look at his scoring attributes and change a ppm according to whether he's better off placing or powering shots.

Sent from my Crescent using Tapatalk 4
cheers for the comment mate, yeah my wingers were attacking but took your advice and switched them to support and starting to see the results ;)

DLF and AF have always been best for me, I do tend to use inside forwards though.

I never use a poacher as a lone striker they're usually too stationary and unless you're sitting deep and trying to catch them on the counter sitting on the last man isn't going to do a great deal.

I use Giroud as a Poacher with a Winger and an IF and he got 20 Prem goals in a 4-2-3-1.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk