digimagpie

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has seen players get really long bans in the game?

Obviously it's pretty rare in reality but would be fun to see, like Suarez, Cantona etc.

Just wondering if anyone has seen players get really long bans in the game?

Obviously it's pretty rare in reality but would be fun to see, like Suarez, Cantona etc.

Miles Jacobson said that he's reluctant to introduce those kinds of incidents as that's the "dark side of football" he doesn't want to see pervade his game. Also, I'm sure the Mods would be up to their eyeballs dealing with all the "bug" threads that would pop up everythimes their star players gets one of these bans :p

Not a good idea to randomly give players long bans, would be annoying for no real reason

Yeah I suppose. Think I remember from one of the Championship Manager (around 1999/2000/2001) one of my players pushing a referee!

Yeah I suppose. Think I remember from one of the Championship Manager (around 1999/2000/2001) one of my players pushing a referee!

Wow, that's wild! I've been playing since 96 or so but have never seen anything like that!

It'd be annoying if you got a message saying a player of yours have tested positive on say cocaine or refused to give a urin sample after the game!

Notorious straight red cards are more than enough IMO for aggressive or volatile players if they didnt also add pub brawls etc to the game!

I remember the first CM I ever tried, don't even remember which version... but both Fowler and Owen got so injured they had to retire. A little off topic maybe, but it's the kind of random thing that makes the game worse in my opinion, same with long bans.

I remember signing Essien in Fm 2007 on PSP, 5 games in to his first season gets a lengthy ban for pushing the ref

if a player can randomly get injured for like 6 months.
than why no long term bans because of ingame misconduct.
it happens in real life as wll.
and for a football simulating game it should be in there.
it's a risk if you have agressive players. but isn't that all part of the game.
not all players behave like vinny jones are joey barton but some do