Long Shots Problem/Struggling to Score Goals

jonesey5231

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have recently started playing fm 14 with Liverpool, and am struggling so much to score goals. Sturridge and Suarez get in good positions, then both just blast away and miss by miles.

Also, for some reason, my players consistently have ridiculous long shots, even after I tell them to reduce the amount of shots they take. For example, I was just playing against United, and sturridge was 30 yards out from goal with no one between him and no one chasing him, and he just had a stupid long shot, missed by a mile, instead of running in and getting close to goal. This is becoming increasingly frustrating as I cannot find a way of stopping it from happening

Whilst I am here I will also mention that my fullbacks, both johnson and enrique are horrible and I don't know why. I have no choice but to play 3 centrebacks, as johnson and enrique consistently score no higher than 6 as a rating. I have tried them as wingbacks, fullbacks, complete wingbacks with all the different mindsets and they still don't tackle and actually don't do anything useful at all.

Has anyone else experienced these same issues and/or have a solution? I am enjoying everything else, but these two problems I am having are making it increasingly harder to play this game.

people are having problems i'm the same where my strikers are not scoring need another update but don't know when its will be released

Having same problem with my fullbacks whatever tactic I play there far too exposed and can't defend