Kenny Peeters

Reaction score
I have searched a whole lot about reducing the amount of long shots and I found a couple suggestions:
- Give your player more passing options
- Reduce/Higher creative freedom

At this moment,

I am using Attacking Full Backs with duty defend (I don't want my full back to be all up on the pitch and leave gaps where he should be when the other team is attacking) => I think he should be high enough, and most of the time, he is high enough

I also use Limited defenders with duty defend (they just have to defend, nothing more)

I use 1 central midfielder with duty support, 1 advanced playmaker with duty attack, 1 Ball-Winning Midfielder with duty defend (first one is to help with attack and defend, second one is to help my attack and the last one is to help defend)

I have 2 wingers with attack duty (they are the players who should get the ball and decide whether they give a cross or a through-ball, my team instructions state that play has to come from both flanks)

My striker is a complete forward with attack duty.

and I have the following problems:
- Not a lot of shots
- Not a lot on target
- Almost none ccc
- 75% are long shots

Any help would be appreciated, and if there is need for more details, just ask ! At the moment I rather create a tactic and learn the aspects of the tactic section of the game, than downloading a tactic and win 80% of my games.

PS: I am relatively new to asking help on forums, most of the time I just read the posts so I don't really know if I should have put it somewhere else.

Just to make sure that the individual instructions to players get automatically adjusted, use the team instruction "work ball into box" during a match. It should shift the amount of long shots taken by individual players down as long as you haven't already manually set it for each player.
Alternatively you could go into player instructions and manually set the most wasteful players long shots down.

I already have the all player instructions set on rarely for long shots. Thanks for the reply :)

Lower the creativity of the player's that have been making wasteful shots.

Some people say you have to lower creative freedom and some say you have to make it higher. So I am not sure about this one...?

I think both explanations seem rational:
- Low creative freedom: they will not try to dribble an opponent when they can't see anyone to pass, so they shoot
- High creative freedom: they see themself in a shoot-position (although there are players to give a pass to) and they take the freedom to take a long shot.

What are your thoughts about that?

well, for me:

Higher creative freedom: You give the player a licence to trill, so they can effectively ignore your instructions and do what they think, and take the long shot.

By limiting their creative freedom, they are "forced" to listen to your instruction not to long shot.

well, for me:

Higher creative freedom: You give the player a licence to trill, so they can effectively ignore your instructions and do what they think, and take the long shot.

By limiting their creative freedom, they are "forced" to listen to your instruction not to long shot.[/QUOTE

You probably are right...I've adjusted this during a match and it seems they indeed were shooting less. But I sense a danger in this, that the play will get predictable for the opponent...so...you need to allow a certain level of creative freedom, no?