Linchpin

Reaction score
No this isn't a rant about the amount of long shots players take but rather a query. Is there anyway at all to stop my players from taking quite so many of them?

I'm managing Arsenal(2nd season) right now and just had a total of 31 shots against Stoke, only 7 were on target though(2 goals) because 20+ of my shots were all from way outside the box despite all players being instructed to rarely attempt long shots and being told to work the ball into the box.

No this isn't a rant about the amount of long shots players take but rather a query. Is there anyway at all to stop my players from taking quite so many of them?

I'm managing Arsenal(2nd season) right now and just had a total of 31 shots against Stoke, only 7 were on target though(2 goals) because 20+ of my shots were all from way outside the box despite all players being instructed to rarely attempt long shots and being told to work the ball into the box.

What team instructions do you have on? Could try 'work ball into box'?
Lets face it, nothings really going to work is it...:)

The issue is 75% match engine 25% tactical ( of course it also depends on your players). So you need to show your team and player instructions.

short of that, wait till the up coming patch which is currently in testing

What team instructions do you have on? Could try 'work ball into box'?
Lets face it, nothings really going to work is it...:)

Well i have my long shots at 25% of total shots, which is well below the real life average, so its entirely possible.

I always use "Work ball into Box" in my match instructions already and every single player has the long shots slider set "Rarely".

I always use "Work ball into Box" in my match instructions already and every single player has the long shots slider set "Rarely".

Its not just about that, its about space and options. my players don't take them because they always have better options on.