MJHendry

Reaction score
One of my brightest youth prospects was sent out on loan for the season, but has recently got a broken leg and will be out for 5 to 6 months. Would it be better if I recalled him from his loan? Bear in mind that my club is paying all his wages, so that isn't a factor, I just wanted him to get some first team experience.
Any help would be much appreciated.

No, leave him at the current club.. why would you call him back if he's injured and is going to be out for 6 months? leave him at the other club.. until the loan is finished.. okay?

No, leave him at the current club.. why would you call him back if he's injured and is going to be out for 6 months? leave him at the other club.. until the loan is finished.. okay?

surely you want to recall him so he gets treatment at your club which is going to have better facilities for that kind of thing. he doesn't say which club he is or where teh player is on loan to but think about it, surely a prem team will have better facilities then a league 1 team and that means he will heal quicker if you recall him.

of course if he loaned to a club with good facilities and op physio's then you may aswell leave him there provided he will return from injury before his loan ends.

In response to that post, I am managing Barcelona, so the facilities couldn't be much better, the player is Gerard Deulofeu who is on loan at Almeria in Liga Adelante. I would recall him for the better treatment he would get at Camp Nou, but my only hesitation is that after his injury, he would still have 3 months left on the loan contract.

surely you want to recall him so he gets treatment at your club which is going to have better facilities for that kind of thing. he doesn't say which club he is or where teh player is on loan to but think about it, surely a prem team will have better facilities then a league 1 team and that means he will heal quicker if you recall him.

of course if he loaned to a club with good facilities and op physio's then you may aswell leave him there provided he will return from injury before his loan ends.

Well in that case you're right.. but you ain't going to use him much in your team .. so there's no reason why.. let him in his current club.. just recall if you're going to make use of it.. in the U18's squad..

I think I'll recall him, as Almeria's physiotherapy stats aren't great.

Immediately after returning, Deulofeu's injury time was reduced by a month, so I'm happy with that.