csa99

Reaction score
does anyone have a detailed guide/analysis to them?
what attributes they need aside from long throws (e.g long throws, balance, decisions, strength, creativity, teamwork?)
also what to set the rest of ur team to when attacking long throws (e.g send your best headerer 'forward' or to 'near post' ?)

They don't need any attributes apart from "long throws" I think. Maybe strength helps. The PPM "Has a long flat throw" is a must however.

I think long throw is not useful in this game. I have a player who has the long throw PPM and attributes of 15.

However, the ball never reach the closest man in the near post.

In fact, I always got countered attack and conceded goals from this.

if i have a 6'7 man upfornt and a player with a 20 long thrower , will i score alot

Its really difficult to make it work.
Players like Rory Delap, Morten Gamst Pedersen and Aron Gunnarsson have long throws but even if you put everyone at near post with a 1 or 2 at the back post and edge of box you rarely score from it.
Its quite good to use late in games on overload, its adds drama but not goals though.
Another thing, Youre more likely to get a penalty from it but obviously not a great amount.

well ive never got success from a long throw maybe its something si can work on in the future

depends on which player. like when im playing against blackburn, pederson runs to the line in does a long far throw. same with cesar aplizleata of OM