Longest penalty shootout? 50 minute, 88 penalty thriller!

Klayyyyyy

Reaction score
So I was playing FM, during a normal mid season stretch in the Indonesian 3rd tier, when I came across this...

View attachment 198847

I couldn't believe my eyes, a random friendly for my youth team turned into penalty practice! Even more stunningly it took 50 minutes and 88 penalties for my 36 year old goalkeeping coach (who would only sign if I offered him a player role too) to hit the post and miss the first one! 87 in a row! All though I like to think we drew the shootout, since our regulation goal was a penalty too! So I looked it up and the real life record for longest shootout was 44 attempts, half of this one... Can anyone beat this in FM (or anything that was a legit attempt)?

Last edited:
Very Impressive. But I think those goalkeepers need to take a long hard look at themselves!

Wow - I've certainly never seen anywhere near that many attempts... :p

Very Impressive. But I think those goalkeepers need to take a long hard look at themselves!

It was the Indonesian 3rd tier. Probably no where near professional. Don't expect much talent in those depths.

That would have been so exhausting for the keepers, especially mentally.

If my nan was in goal for 45 penalty's I'd expect her to save at least one

It was the Indonesian 3rd tier. Probably no where near professional. Don't expect much talent in those depths.

That would have been so exhausting for the keepers, especially mentally.

Believe it or not my team is actually pro. I don't know why because we're in debt (have been since the start) and are predicted as the worst team in a 48 team division. I don't think anyone else in my league is pro but since this was a youth match using my 36 year old goalkeeping coach against a semi pro side even lower than us I wouldn't expect pro level performances ;). When I had an injury crisis I had to use this guy in a league match as I couldn't sign a new keeper in time, and he conceded a 35 yard free kick that was straight at him... The outfielders are decent (I have former A-league top scorer Segio Van Dijk as a scout/player for example) but there seem to be no decent keepers in Indonesia for some reason. :(