Looking for a new (xbox360) game!

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K

Kris

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Basically as the title says, I am looking for a new game to play on the X-Box360. I have recently finished Red Dead Redemption and Alan Wake, both fine games which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I am looking for another game with a great story that will keep me interested. Someone at my work suggested Dragon Age: Origins which I am seriously considering since its Bioware and I love Mass Effect.

I already have games such as Assassins’ Creed, Gears of War, COD and I cannot stand Tom Clancy games. I also tried Bioshock and Batman which didn’t float my boat.

suggestions?

Hiya what sort of games are you into? Id recommend Forza 3 if you like driving/racing you can pick it up fairly cheap nowadays second hand.

dragon age origins, its utterly utterly immense!!! honestly one of the best games i have ever played

dragon age origins, its utterly utterly immense!!! honestly one of the best games i have ever played
i was going to say that too pal :P it was immense, took me 74 hrs to complete ;) i am loving Mass Effect 2 though, tied best game with ME1 and Dragon Age: Origins!!
Kris, a must get if you have not played it yet, also a very decent expansion pack out as well :D

I think Dragon Age: Origins is good, but not worthy of the overhyping it has received.

If you haven't played the Mass Effect sequel yet, then it comes highly recommended. Superb game, and an improvement on the original if possible.

I think Dragon Age: Origins is good, but not worthy of the overhyping it has received.

If you haven't played the Mass Effect sequel yet, then it comes highly recommended. Superb game, and an improvement on the original if possible.
lol i disagree. im not one for hype but dragon age was outstanding, ME2 was great aswell. cant think of many more, looking for a game myself

Play Dragon Age: Origins on a PC, it is not made for consoles (in terms of design and gameplay). I just started returning to my save from last year (interrupted by having gf here for 6 months) and I can't imagine playing it on a 360. You seem to be into RPGs, so if you haven't played them; Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Lost Odyssey (last one if you like pre-XIII Final Fantasies). Mass Effect 2 is a must play if you haven't yet, I've done two playthroughs and both were amazing, but give FInal Fantasy XIII a miss, a 55-60 hour borefest of **** story and incoherent gameplay

Last edited:
Metro 2033 is insane as well as Mass Effect 2 :wub:

I will look into Metro 2033, I heard it was very short though?

Hiya what sort of games are you into? Id recommend Forza 3 if you like driving/racing you can pick it up fairly cheap nowadays second hand.

Nah, not a fan of racing games. thanks though :)

i was going to say that too pal :P it was immense, took me 74 hrs to complete ;) i am loving Mass Effect 2 though, tied best game with ME1 and Dragon Age: Origins!!
Kris, a must get if you have not played it yet, also a very decent expansion pack out as well :D

Yeah I have finished Mass Effect 2 a few times now, it's epic and the cover system is far better than the first game.

Dragon Age seems to be getting a lot of hype. I was a bit unsure of it though, can't say why but I might pick up a pre owned copy later, can't hurt.

Play Dragon Age: Origins on a PC, it is not made for consoles (in terms of design and gameplay). I just started returning to my save from last year (interrupted by having gf here for 6 months) and I can't imagine playing it on a 360. You seem to be into RPGs, so if you haven't played them; Oblivion, Fallout 3 and Lost Odyssey (last one if you like pre-XIII Final Fantasies). Mass Effect 2 is a must play if you haven't yet, I've done two playthroughs and both were amazing, but give FInal Fantasy XIII a miss, a 55-60 hour borefest of **** story and incoherent gameplay

I am a bit mixed on the subject, I loved ME 1&2 loved Fable2 but wasn't a fan of Fallout 3, the game play infuriated me. Oblivion didn't do it either.

I heard FF was pretty lame too.

Still open to suggestions, bored at work and so far thinking...

Crackdown 1
Dragon Age
Dead Space

Metro 2033, best graphics i have seen in ages, good story, great dialogue and incredibel environment, good 10 hours of gameplay, highly recommended :D well this is all for PC, i do not have xbox, im a pc man :D

also Batman Dark Asylym is supposedly incredible too!

---------- Post added at 02:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

Still open to suggestions, bored at work and so far thinking...

Crackdown 1
Dragon Age
Dead Space

ooohh, now Dead Space is a game and a half :D fantastic game, great everything, gets hairy on occasions :D a must play if you have not already!

yeah i would steer will clear of it FF, am a massive fan but compared to the others it was drivel, disappointing,
when you say tom clancy games do you mean thiings like splinter cell, or things like ghost recon?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

also bad company 2, i much prefer it to call of duty

Crackdown is a great game if played with a friend, otherwise a bit boring, also its very short. Dragon Age, well I'm 50 hours in and not bored yet. Dead Space didn't do it for me, I don't like suspense and surprise games. Not played RD:D, but isn't it basically GTA:IV but with cowboys? Could give GTA:IV a shot, it gets a lot of flack for not being as crazy, but it's Rockstar establishing their platform on this generation. Or better yet, Saints Row and Saints Row 2, both are great games, and even better in co-op/

Older Games:
  • Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
  • Fallout 3
  • Dead Rising
  • Orange Box
  • Bioshock [Best Story I've played once you get into it]
  • Crackdown [Although I don't like it, most people like the 1st one]
  • Rockband 2
Newer Games:
  • Left For Dead [1or2]
  • BAtman Arkham Asylum
  • Prototype
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Fable II

yeah i would steer will clear of it FF, am a massive fan but compared to the others it was drivel, disappointing,
when you say tom clancy games do you mean thiings like splinter cell, or things like ghost recon?

---------- Post added at 02:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:00 PM ----------

also bad company 2, i much prefer it to call of duty

Just all TC games in general, never been able to get into one. I have heard a lot of good things about BC2.

What is the story like though?

Crackdown is a great game if played with a friend, otherwise a bit boring, also its very short. Dragon Age, well I'm 50 hours in and not bored yet. Dead Space didn't do it for me, I don't like suspense and surprise games. Not played RD:D, but isn't it basically GTA:IV but with cowboys? Could give GTA:IV a shot, it gets a lot of flack for not being as crazy, but it's Rockstar establishing their platform on this generation. Or better yet, Saints Row and Saints Row 2, both are great games, and even better in co-op/

Wasn't a fan of Saints Row and GTA was a bit naff too, think i am getting too old for that. RDR was refreshing from Rockstar.

Older Games:
  • Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
  • Fallout 3
  • Dead Rising
  • Orange Box
  • Bioshock [Best Story I've played once you get into it]
  • Crackdown [Although I don't like it, most people like the 1st one]
  • Rockband 2
Newer Games:
  • Left For Dead [1or2]
  • BAtman Arkham Asylum
  • Prototype
  • Lost Odyssey
  • Fable II

Not a fan/ or have played most on your list. What is Lost Odyssey like? keep hearing about that one too.

the story is pretty good in bad company 2, fairly strong and coherent, as opposed to Modern Warfare. the gameplay is great, destructive cover is both a blessing and a curse.

also, not played it myself yet, but heard good things about bayonetta, may pick it up sometime soon

Lost Odyssey is a western take on the Japanese RPGs, which is better than most. The characters are still weird, but no where near to Final Fantasy standards, the turn based combat is how it should be, not this 'active' bs you get now. Basically if you liked the old Final Fantasies, you will like it

I recommend Crackdown, I played it at my cousins for a little bit and it was pretty good.

Also Kris, is Alan Wake worth the money in your opinion?

Not a fan/ or have played most on your list. What is Lost Odyssey like? keep hearing about that one too.

Lost Odyssey is really good, good story, gameplay and it keeps you on the edge.
Pretty cheap from Amazon too.

Don't know if it's something you'd enjoy, so here is the review.

I think all of the games I'd reccomend have been mentioned. I'd highly reccomend The Elder Scrolls Oblivion.

Currently playing Lost Odyssey and its gettin a bit of a pain in the **** having to fight every 2 minutes.

I would reccomend bad company 2 a very decent single player campaign and a very immersive multiplayer, as someone has stated earlire i much prefer it to modern warfare 2.Could probably pick it up at quite a reduced price

Back