Looking for a new (xbox360) game!

• Thread starter Thread starter Kris
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 22
  • Views Views 2K
Kris, Dead Space. Quality game that didn't get the coverage it deserved.

Dragon Age is good, I still play it but it's waaaaaay better on PC.

the story is pretty good in bad company 2, fairly strong and coherent, as opposed to Modern Warfare. the gameplay is great, destructive cover is both a blessing and a curse.

also, not played it myself yet, but heard good things about bayonetta, may pick it up sometime soon

Will look into that one too, really have done nothing today except read game reviews.

Lost Odyssey is a western take on the Japanese RPGs, which is better than most. The characters are still weird, but no where near to Final Fantasy standards, the turn based combat is how it should be, not this 'active' bs you get now. Basically if you liked the old Final Fantasies, you will like it

I have never really played FF or anything like it, the idea didn't appeal until after I finished ME

I recommend Crackdown, I played it at my cousins for a little bit and it was pretty good.

Also Kris, is Alan Wake worth the money in your opinion?

Reading more into it, sounds a bit too GTA, I hate the whole streetrace carry on.

To answer your question though, Yes. I was actually going to make a thread on it.

It's just very different to anything else out there. The gameplay can get very repetative as you are mostly running around the woods in the dark but the story keeps you playing. It's fantastic.

More of a thriller than a horror but there are some jumpy moments. They could have done a lot more with it though. It warns you when the 'taken' are going to attack you. The game would have been so much creepier if you were given no warning.

There is limited amo and checkpoints though, you need to be accurate with your amo and be smart when using it.

Can't wait to play the sequel. Basically if you like Thriller/Horror/Mystery then it's for you.

I would reccomend bad company 2 a very decent single player campaign and a very immersive multiplayer, as someone has stated earlire i much prefer it to modern warfare 2.Could probably pick it up at quite a reduced price

I really enjoyed the MW single player too, going to see how much it is :)

Just to chime on regarding the story mode on Modern Warfare 2 vs. Bad Company 2; I think it is far better on the former, and BC2 copied a lot of the aspects from MW2's single-player, but didn't even improve them.

You'll probably enjoy both, but don't expect anything remarkable from it, as I honestly thought it was worse.

Back