looking for a quick opinion. spurs, world class LB, BWM, IF and ST.

eLmaestr0

Reaction score
Finally got round to playing FM2013 and started with my yearly (since the championship manager days pre 05 ha) game with Spurs. First season I finished 3rd, 1 point off the top, and won the F.A cup. I've signed Isco, Rodrigo and Adryan first season, just entering June 2013. Transfer budget is anything up to 40-50m. Board gave me 20m, plus I'm selling a couple players who I'm a huge fan of in real life but don't seem world world class in game from my first seasons experience e.g Defoe, Adebayor, Dawson, Lennon, Sigurdsson and Dembele, which I'm expecting at least 10-20m each for, **** Ekotto just left for 12m! So looking at a very busy window. May keep Siggy/Dembele/Lennon as squad players however depending on the quality I can get in and the bids I recieve.

Would like to find a LB, BWM/Box to Box worker to go alongside Sandro as a anchor man and Isco as a playmaker, a inside forward and a striker.. Obviously players who will go to a champions league team but not from the big big clubs (so no Messi, Ronaldo, Aguero etc) I've had bids accepted so far for Gotze (39m, some upfront some over 48 months), planning to play AML with Bale at AMR cutting in, but not sure on his Fitness. Had 38m accepted for Pastore who will come for 100k a week, but with Isco playing so well and playing a 4,1,2,2,1 with no AMC I'm not sure it's a area I need. LB is a must, especially with selling Ekotto. Looking for a good Box to Box/BWM as Parker is getting on and I don't think he has a season of champions league football in him, a inside forward and a world class ST. While Adebayor is good, i'd prefer someone more clinical and younger than him and would like to sell now while I can get a decent fee.

Thanks :) sorry for the random nature of the post, im rushing :)

I managed Spurs too, with 4-4-2...

DL : try Baines (should be cheaper in 2nd Season), Alaba or Santon...
BWM : Fellaini is always consistent but asks >120k eruos/week, Vidal is quality... others : guarin, inler, lass diarra... or buy M'villa for your anchor and play Sandro as BWM...
IF : Ben Arfa!! unless sold before... try xerdan shaqiri... alex chamberlain is great prospect but i'm not sure he's willing to move cause of rivalry... others : douglas costa, willian (shaktar)
ST : Try Falcao, if willing to move, he asks >140k eruos/week, Leandro Damiao, Cavani, Lewandowski... don't forget Chicarito...

DL : Baines, Alaba, Marcelo, Fabio, Jose Enrique, Alex Sandro, Santon
BWM : Fellaini, Kwadwo Asamoah, M'Villa, Romulo, Arturo Vidal, Javi Martinez, Javi Garcia
IF & W : Hulk, Ben Arfa,Reus, Erik Lamela, Willian, Douglas Coasta, Jesus Navas, Gaston Ramirez, Shaqiri, Gokhan Tore
ST : Cavani, Lewandowski, Falcao, Stevan Jovetic, Javier Hernandez, Leandro Damiao

Last edited:
Sosa is cheap and became best player of the season. Under 7 mil in first season. Good for IF.

LB: alaba or de ceglie is normally transfer listed
BWM: Fellaini or Mvila or Capoue
IF: Douglas Costa or Wellington Nem
ST: Cavani or Ademilson

Need a clinical striker at a bargain price. Look no further than Darwin Quintero, man is a goal machine. Will cost you at max 6 million and will ask for around 10-20k wages. Proven striker.

i recommend not selling all your players at once cus it well mess up the balance and understanding of the whole squad. Get Gotze and isco and david alaba for LB and maybe rodrigo and keep Defoe until rodrigo becomes accustomed to the league.