Looking for a tactic with a difference

leeroberts919

Reaction score
Hi

I am new to FM19 after a hiatus since FM11.

Now I will be the first to admit that my attempts at creating my own tactics are shocking. Tried several times and find either strikers are isolated or defence leaks like a tea bag. The only time I have had success was a Mourinho replica back in FM09 but this was by luck. I would play direct to Drogba with 2 wingers cutting inside to support and Lampard steaming forward. Because of this I rely on tactics others have created.

The problem I have is all the tactics are very similar in the way that they operate. The positions maybe different but the end result is the same. Its always work the ball into the box tactics where you end up with 10+ blocked shots per match because it took so long to get forward, the striker rarely has a clear sight of goal, you rarely see a screamer from outside the box no matter who you have taking the shot.

When I look at how the AI plays the striker is regularly in a realistic position with maybe 2 defenders to content with. When the AI attacks I'll have 2 CB's marking the striker but their midfield will get to the edge of the box again in a realistic situation with a sight of goal at least.

Is the Match Engine setup so that Gegenpress or Tika Taka are the only tactics that seem to work. Don't get me wrong I've had massive success with my Chelsea save but its getting a bit dull and I've started pressing the instant result button as I can't be bothered to watch the match.

Has anyone come across a good tactic that is quite realistic to what you would actually see when you watch football. Also don't want the Throw In and Corner cheats. If not can someone guide me to what I'm doing wrong so I can create my own attempt at a tactic.