Looking for all defensive positions

Craven

The trequartista
Reaction score
I've just won promotion to the Premiership with Derby and I really need to strengthen, I've been given a budget of £4.4m because Pearson is a tight **** so any suggestions for defenders and defensive mids?

I've just noticed Barca have released Bojan, why the **** would that happen? I've offered him a deal but so many other teams are interested and I don't have the money to offer him a ridiculous wage.

Last edited:
i wouldnt bother buying defenders, For you to survive the prem you will need a proven goalscorer who can get you 25+ your goal difference could save you from being relegated.

after your first season in prem(if you survived relegation) then build your back 4 and the rest you gotta remember the second season in prem is always the hardest.

Basically all you need to stay up is a quality striker and a good keeper. i reccommend Vincent Enyeama in goal he is a bargin buy. as for a striker there are many quality strikers such as Alberto Paloschi, Marquinhos, Kerrisson (spelling) plays 4 Vasco.

You should try to sign Radoi, very strong DC or Onuocha from man city, also reliable. Try to sign a free agent for ST, there are a few....Sturridge from Man City.

loan as much as possible, go to all big clubs and see who they loan, you could get torres and javi garcia from madrid, it'll provide you a little security, I know there is a limit for loans in england but just try to get as much loans as you can from big teams, that could do it.

I don't think that is the best ideea....If you choose to loan a lot of players, you will finaly raise other teams youngsters. I'm sure that you have some decent young players in your team waiting their chance to play in at a higher level. Loan only one or two players. torres and garcia from Real are very good options. Try to get a decent first 11 and stick to it.

yeah, but we're talking about a team facing almost secure relgation from what I udnerstand, he won't be able to rotate, to have easy games so his youngsters who probably still don't have what it takes to play in premiership, he could loan them to clubs where he is sure they'll play while managing to get away with it the first year, or go to the frees theres people like gravesen, davids, salgado that still can make a difference for low sides. Honestly I would go for frees and loans, well bargains of course but with 4.4 he'll never be able to reinforce more than two positions.

honestly I don't like 09 but in 08 I played ''half llm", that is second division teams and I honestly think that I never bought anybody, just made frees, free contracts and you can secure like four or five positions that way with a low side. And anyway low sides never have money so its the only way. It didn't worked that bad, only thing if you do well then they will simply leave to better clubs, and start again....

Thanks for the input people. I figured getting in a strong defensive unit would be better than finding a striker with guarenteed goals? The only strikers I could get are Lewandowski (£1.2m) and Sturridge (Free). I couldn't find a keeper for cheap enough so I'll stick with Dudek who I got last season in the January window for £90k. I needed to bring in a DC so I got Mark Reynolds from Motherwell for £1.9m as he was the best I could find that would come to Derby. :(

Missed out on Bojan obviously, Portsmouth offered him £56k a week, I can't compete with that.

Did u try to get Vincent Enyeama??? he's good and cheap. lewandowski and sturridge will keep u up

Porto won't sell him unfortunately, I tried him before he was mentioned cos he's been quality on previous FM's.

well sturridge with training and games can be a regular for middle sides so its a good buy (from what ive seen, didn't like much of man city reserves but he looked oàkay)

I've just won promotion to the Premiership with Derby and I really need to strengthen, I've been given a budget of £4.4m because Pearson is a tight **** so any suggestions for defenders and defensive mids?

I've just noticed Barca have released Bojan, why the **** would that happen? I've offered him a deal but so many other teams are interested and I don't have the money to offer him a ridiculous wage.

what patch have u got ???
barce never release bojan :(
any way mark beevers is good cb for prem he was good for my hull memory

I'm on 9.2.0 and they just let him go. About 20 odd clubs put a bid in and out of all of the quality teams that bid he went with Portsmouth. They are struggling at the moment so hopefully it continues and I can get him next year if I stay up and the board stop being tight arses.

Last edited:
tore reginuissen (spelling) CB brilliant buy for bout 950k

I'm on 9.2.0 and they just let him go. About 20 odd clubs put a bid in and out of all of the quality teams that bid he went with Portsmouth. They are struggling at the moment so hopefully it continues and I can get him next year if I stay up and the board stop being tight arses.

portsmouth must have the money mate lucky them lol
yeah try get loans of arsenal and manutd i once loaned jonny evens for my qpr memory but on 9.1.0 so avent tried him this time

tore reginuissen (spelling) CB brilliant buy for bout 950k

Again, couldn't compete with wages so he went else where. I'm not doing that bad with my current defenders, been on the end of 2 whippings though but picked up some vital points and currently 12th after 6 games.

The only thing that has really annoyed me are these three fixtures in a row

Arsenal at home (drew 1-1) and Liverpool, then Man Utd away to play. Not picking up any points there I believe. :(

yeah i always seem to get arsenal, man u, liverpool and chelsea within the space of 5 games. right annoying.

Lost 2-1 to Liverpool and I could of even won that game if Reina wasn't playing so well. Lost 2-1 to United as well, Ronaldo 89' :(