dannyrolink

Reaction score
I'm Leeds in my first season on the new update and with me still being in the championship I'm only permitted with 5 subs. even though my back-up players have either backup or rotation status they still demand first team football. any tips on how to keep your good young players happy without loaning them out and playing them everyweek.

Bring them on as subs when you're winning comfortably.

I do that as much as I can. but i have a squad of 22 so it's impossible to give them a chance because I'll get beat

There is no 'magic solutoin' to this. I am careful about personality types when I pick youngsters/backups. If they are very ambitious, they'll never settle in reserves/bacup roles, no matter how limited their abilities are. In my experience, the real professional personality types ere easier to manage, and don't whine as much. (personality types are commented in the player/scouting reports).
I also try to get experienced players to tutor youngsters, and this also work best with professional types.

On a sidenote: when using a tutor, it is very important that the tutor has higher (or as high) 'determination' stats than the apprentice. Otherwise, the youngsters determination will decline, wich seriously affects his ability to reach his PA.

Hope this helps.

I have 7 set players and the other 4 players get rotated everyweek depending on for and morale, i also set training regiumes on max to anyone who dosent complain or are key players and so either my other players get better or injured and that stops them complaining.

Guess I'm in for a bit of trouble myself, regarding 1st team/backups/reserves. Just got promoted from Champ.ship to PL (managing Birmingham). So now I have to upgrade the squad, adding a few quality players and offloading a bunch of reserve players (to afford the quality players). This means some of the guys that are used to play almost every match, suddenly will be backups. Not looking forward to their reaction...