Looking for first team quality with Bournemouth(Second Season) w/ 30+ million budget

mjlange12

Reaction score
Finished in 8th place on 61 points, only two points away from a Europa League Place. Now, coming into the second season, I have an extra 31 million pounds to spend on transfers and 290K p/w on wages. Here is my team, I play a possession 4231, but we sometimes leak goals, so I may change formation depending on input.

GK(d): Geronimo Rulli (joining on a free transfer), Artur Boruc, Adam Federici
DR(full back on support): Simon Francis, Adam Smith
DC(central defender on defend): Tommy Elphick, Steve Cook
DC(central defender on defend): Joe Gomez (on loan from Liverpool, want to get him back), Sylvian Distin
DL(full back on support): Charlie Daniels, Tyrone Mings (retruning from his long injury insure how he'll do)
MC(deep lying playmaker on support): Sergi Samper(matched his release clause), Harry Arter
MC(box to box on support): Dan Gosling, Andrew Surman
AML(winger on support): Max Gradel, Tarik Elyounoussi, Junior Stanislas
AMC(advanced playmaker on attack): No one (had Angel Correa on loan, he was brilliant but wont come back)
AMR(inside forward on support): Matt Ritchie
ST(advanced forward on attack): Callum Wilson (30 goals and 13 assists in all comps), Benik Afobe

Should I change formation?
Who should I sign?

I think the AMC needs a clear upgrade, but I'm unsure who could fill in.
Positions of upgrade: First Team LB, First Team CB, First Team AMC, First Team AML, and a young back up striker with a rotational box to box midfielder

Southampton were relegated so I was thinking about going after their players, other than that, I dont have a particular plan, might look for some good loanees with future fees and scan the transfer list since players like Fererra Carrasco, Kranevitter, Brandt etc are available.

Any feedback is appreciated

DL: Jorge, Targett
CB: Wimmer, Micheal Keane
AMC: Odegaard (loan), Clough, Isco (may be listed or available for loan)
AML: Guedes!!!
ST: Clough, James Wilson (loan), Seager, Armstrong

*Edit: Just saw you post that Southampton were relegated. Id go hard for Targett, Harrison Reed (MC/DMC) and Jay Rodriguez (great at AML and can backup Wilson at ST). Also, if you can grab Ward-Prowse at AMC, that would be a brilliant signing

Thanks a bunch for your feedback, especially with the Guedes reccomendation and the AMC choices as it has been hard to find a suitable replacement who could do the job as well Correa. Also worried that Targett and Clough are not as good as foreign options, so I may look elsewhere. Cheers

Will Hughes
Ryan Hardie
Gino Peruzzi
Aissa Mandi
Ramadan Sobhy
Nedcelceanu
Ivan (romanian cf)
Niculae (Nicusor) Stanciu
Tanase
Gas Gil Romero
Ezequiel Munoz
Enzo Roco

Thanks a bunch for your feedback, especially with the Guedes reccomendation and the AMC choices as it has been hard to find a suitable replacement who could do the job as well Correa. Also worried that Targett and Clough are not as good as foreign options, so I may look elsewhere. Cheers

No problem at all. Regarding Clough, he has been rather average in my Tottenham save as an AF, but as a False 9 he is absolutely brilliant. I would also recommend checking out Vietto for the AF role, he is often transfer listed after a season or two (max). Another AMC recommendation would be Lincoln, but you would have to wait for him to turn 18 to come over. He has fantastic mental atts, along wit being very technically gifted. If you are able to bring in someone on loan for the short term, and are not able to negotiate a favorable future fee for them, I would suggest investing in Lincoln.

Cheers

Out of interest what was your budget in the first season transfer window. considering one last new game before FM 17

Out of interest what was your budget in the first season transfer window. considering one last new game before FM 17

Around 8 million pounds, I was able to meet Sergi Samper's release clause, but had almost nothing left over

Asensio as AMC is destroying my ínter save

He is average is higher than 8

Enviado desde mi XT1097 mediante Tapatalk

AMC - Oliver (could possibly loan from Atletico. I did in 3rd season and use as a backup in my Dortmund save. His passing/vision is very good. I have £15M option to buy as well)

What was your instruction for you formation lad fancy one long save before FM 17

Finishing 8th with Bournemouth is impressive, so maybe I'm off-base, but the midfield tactic/personnel looks pretty imbalanced. Utilizing Sergi Samper as your deepest player centrally seems like it would leak goals.

I would give the other CM a less adventurous role to shore that up. Maybe look at Rode. He's done the job for me and is frequently transfer - listed