Looking for wonderkids that will replace Barcelona squad.

jhl1989

Reaction score
Hi!
I'm currently looking to replace my current Barcelona squad with just plain wonderkids.
However I need some suggestions from you players.

Notes:
I would like to note that the wonderkids must have stats that help the way Barcelona plays (Tiki-taka).
Below is my current formation and wonderkids that are in my list.
My Formation : My Current Wonderkid List

Sweeper Goal Keeper: Marc-Andre ter Stegen
Central Defender: Iñigo Martinez
Ball Playing Centre-back: Raphaël Varane
Two Wingbacks: Jordi Alba (LWB) & Romário (RWB)
Ball Winning Defender: Marco Verratti
Central Middle-fielder: Zakaria Labyad
Advanced Playmaker Middle-fielder: Thiago
Winger: Xherdan Shaqiri
Advanced Playermaker Winger: Mario Gotze
Striker: Neymar

*If you feel like one of the wonderkids above does not have the best stats to play like Barcelona please suggest a better wonderkid for the role.

Thank You!

nice list, but i highly doubt you're going to get Varane

Just look at Barca B! Marc Bartra, Muniesa, Rafinha, dos Santos etc.

Liverpool`s got a bag of talents suso,j. robinson, raheem stearling etc.

Ball Winning Defender: Marco Verratti

he is not a BWM mate...Romulo/Geoffrey Kondogbia/

are you replacing the whole team through the editor or buying/selling? need more info!

Inigo Martinez is more of a ball playing defender than an orthodox center back, tends to go to sleep defensively at times, but his distribution is amazing, and has an eye for goal too, and from open play too, not just set pieces

ezeqiuol munoz for an italian team because you won't get varane
Rafael keeper for santos
willian is one of best in game after 3/4 seasons usually

joel valencia a great winger, google him and see some future screenies, can become sensational... Also barca have deulofeu, great winger prospect also...

Inigo is best suited to ball playing defender or Libero (after trained as SW). For centre midfield I'd just use Rafinha Alcantara over Labyad. I've never seen Labyad become anything amazing; good but not amazing like you'd want for Barca. Ball-winning as Raikan says is not Verratti's strong point; you want his suggestions or M'vila if you class him as young enough.

Javier martinez and ander herrera from bilbai

I'd go with ander and javi Martinez, inigo Martinez is a good one as people have suggested.

Criscito is a good shout for left back. Muniesa from the youth team will serve you well. Maybe botia too?

UPDATED LIST

NOTES
I did more research and I feel like each player, stats-wise, is in the right position and role.Obviously, I wont be able to buy all these players at once so my plan is to buy the older players first and then go down from there.Having Marc Bartra, Jordi Alba, Thiago, and Deulofeu saves me some money cause their already in the team.I'm not sure if I'm right but I love how my 3 middle-fielders are nicknamed the next "Xavi" , "Pirlo", and "Beckham".I did some math and sadly the overall average height of this starting 11 is 1.76m which is only 1cm taller than the overall height of today's Barcelona starting 11.My only thought about the list is that I'm probably gonna have a hard time trying to sign Gotze and Jack.I just hope that in in the future Verratti will grow a few centimeters an that he gets better stats for FM 2013.

*Each name is linked to an image that shows their future stats. Please suggest which stats should each player improve?

IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE ARE PLAYERS WITH BETTER STATS FOR THE ROLE PLEASE DON'T BE AFRAID TO SHARE YOUR IDEA!

Last edited:
Inigo is best suited to ball playing defender or Libero (after trained as SW). For centre midfield I'd just use Rafinha Alcantara over Labyad. I've never seen Labyad become anything amazing; good but not amazing like you'd want for Barca. Ball-winning as Raikan says is not Verratti's strong point; you want his suggestions or M'vila if you class him as young enough.

In my opinion with game time and good tutors koke of atletico madrid can become a brilliant BWM, he certainly has on my atletico madrid save along side moutinho as an AP support.

I like M.bila but I don't know if he's Barcelona -friendly.

Last edited:
M'vila would work in Barca, but it wouldn't be identical to how they are now. The difference that you'd see is:

Instead of Busquets closing space more than tackling to try gain the ball, you'd have M'vila using tackling more so than Busquets would as he's very Keane/Viera-ish in that sense. However, fi yuo mean you're concerned over his passing ability, I'd not be worried.

An above poster mentioned Koke, I dunno about that, as I've never used him. Might be worth a look. having home-grown players is always better.

Just checked Koke out, in the 3rd season, he's looking quite solid even as 21. I think that suggestion is a good one. Think I might try get him for my Sociedad side in the coming windows. My scout says he's available for 8mil Euros.

My only concern right now is Marc Batra. I think overall his stats are nice but compared to the other players on the list he doesn't have stats that stand out. I feel like I'm going to need a better Ball Playing CB. Ok, maybe if I train him consistently and private tutor him he might get some stats up to 17. But what I'm afraid of is that he won't because of the games set PA. I guess I'm looking for a wonderkid with similar stats to Gerard Pique. I'm not sure if the game does this or someone has suggested this but I think since the game is mostly about looking for players and try to get the better of their abilities, the game, whenever a player is private tutored by a senior member with good stats, for example determination or influence, the tutored player should be able to raise his potential ability instead of raising his stats.

Last edited:
Bartra be good,Bartra the best defender I ever had in FM: D My Formation
BR - Valdes (Mandanda)
OS - Puyol and Pique (Mbiwa, Abi)
OL - Abidal (Alba)
OP - Alves (Cesar)
DP - Busi (Masche)
PS - Xavi, Cesc (Iniesta and Thiago)
OPP - Hulk, Iker
OPL - Messi (Pedro)
NS - Villa (Alexis)
Mbiwa will substitute for Pique, Puyol
alba is a total of OL can be Mbiwa then ..