Lewis5

Reaction score
:( I am about to start my fourth season at Grimsby in following my promotion from League two I am in pre season ready for league one. However if I do not bring in some better players I will be going down :( but I cannot find anyone Amr Zaki and Mohamed Zidan are frees! but will not sign at the moment. Going to try and snap them up in January if I am lucky. My squad at the moment looks like this..

Wage Budget 38,000
Current Spend 30,000

GK Jakub Weirzchowski
RB Marcuie Ross
CB Tamas Udvari
CB Chriss Higgins
LB Tom kennedy
RM Algassimou Blade
CAM Marc-bridge Willkinson
CM Ricky Ravenhill
LM Robbie Bradly
ST Lewis Guy
ST Jonnathan Obika

Bench
AMST Nick Blackman
LM Robert Eagle
CB Steven Watt
ST Darius Henderson
GK Theo Zwarthoed
DM Terry Mcflynn
RM Nathaneil Mendez Lang

does it have any chance? is it really bad for three seasons at Grimsby can be honest :)

Last edited:
Well I wouldn't set you sights too high, and I dont think you've done that badly. The big thing is to stay in that league and get your rep up. Not sure who your players are, but if they're good enough to get promotion then they are good enough to stay up!

I would play around with some formations, a good defensive one looks like its needed. Try to keep things a little more rigid in defense and look to play a slower tempo with shorter passing to keep hold of the ball. I would think that you have enough pace up front to be a counter attacking team.

LLM is always a slower build up to the game, but keep you eyes on Premiership youth teams. The big sides will always let you have some of their youth on loan and not have to pay a % contribution. Also try and get a decent parent club? then you'll near enough have a free pick at all their youth / some reserves.

From reading this forum most LLM's have been succesful by mixing up short term free agents and decent loans.

Well I wouldn't set you sights too high, and I dont think you've done that badly. The big thing is to stay in that league and get your rep up. Not sure who your players are, but if they're good enough to get promotion then they are good enough to stay up!

I would play around with some formations, a good defensive one looks like its needed. Try to keep things a little more rigid in defense and look to play a slower tempo with shorter passing to keep hold of the ball. I would think that you have enough pace up front to be a counter attacking team.

LLM is always a slower build up to the game, but keep you eyes on Premiership youth teams. The big sides will always let you have some of their youth on loan and not have to pay a % contribution. Also try and get a decent parent club? then you'll near enough have a free pick at all their youth / some reserves.

From reading this forum most LLM's have been succesful by mixing up short term free agents and decent loans.

Thanks I finished 4th in league two and I have only lost 13 of my 69 home games as a manager which is the only reason I am in league one I would think. I will look for a Dm but at the moment I like 4312 :)

I had a great Grimsby save which I lost due to my computer packing in, after my first season in league one I got took over by a Hungarian tycoon, they invested about £45 million into the club and gave me £30 million of it to spend. Got promoted and was flying until the big crash.

Cristian Tiboni was a great striker for me.

Good luck

Looking Grim at Grimsby? You should try living there. ;P

I was born there does that count :p
I live in Lincoln lol
XD

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 07:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------[/COLOR]

---------- Post added at 07:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:05 PM ----------

I had a great Grimsby save which I lost due to my computer packing in, after my first season in league one I got took over by a Hungarian tycoon, they invested about £45 million into the club and gave me £30 million of it to spend. Got promoted and was flying until the big crash.

Cristian Tiboni was a great striker for me.

Good luck

Thanks I got took over but only enough to get around :(

You've got a very good wage budget and you still have 8k of that to play around with.
Look at some loans, get a parent club too.

it took me 2 season to get out of league 1 but no am in prem with town
Players who took me there

Benik Afobe -> arsenal (loan)
King Gyan -> Free
and lots more cart rember lol i anit got that save noo more coz me autosave took over it lol :(

it took me 2 season to get out of league 1 but no am in prem with town
Players who took me there

Benik Afobe -> arsenal (loan)
King Gyan -> Free
and lots more cart rember lol i anit got that save noo more coz me autosave took over it lol :(

i have got rid of Darius Henderson as he only hit 4 in 20 in league two and also
Theo Zwarthoed as I am on the verge of signing a great keeper for this level
will post updates on my transfers once window is shut :)