Looks like I'm losing a key player...

White Wolf

Reaction score
Ok, so I've got a bit of an issue.

I'm halfway through my second season with FC Bayern; I won the Bundesliga and the UEFA champions league in the first season, and in the second season I've won the Super Cup, Club World Championship, and I'm well on the way to winning the league. In the German cup, I have a good draw, and the UEFA champions league looks promising again.

But. Three quarters of the way through the first season, Philipp Lahm became unhappy due to a lack of discipline at the club. (Bemusing, as I feel I'm quite strict on punishments.) Since then, he's been transfer listed by request. A few months later, he resolved his dispute with me, and we seem to be on good terms according to his profile. Interestingly, on his profile, it also says he's unsure on leaving the club. Yet, 6 months before his contract is about to expire, he's not even entering negotiations with the club, and, whilst I have a replacement lined up, (He's currently being tutored by Lahm) who has, in fact, made the opposite flank spot his own, I'd very much like to keep Lahm.

Any ideas on how I can break this deadlock?

Private chat > lack of respect for club and manager

See if that option is available in the chat box. This is how you keep want away stars (Rooney etc) when they decide they want to leave or want a new challenge. Just play on his high level of proffesional conduct.

If that fails you'll have to offload him for cheap before he leaves on a free.

Thanks for that advice. Unfortunately, it wasn't available, and as I tried to negotiate a deal with AC Milan, Barcelona jumped in and offered him a contract, which he signed.

Now, I have to prepare for the backlash, as well as get in a replacement for him - I've decided the replacement will stay on the opposite flank.