In a word: yes.

The positions on the tactics screen are deceiving. Other things must be considered to taking in a players true position on the pitch in the ME - mainly what his mentality is set to. This determines how far forward he will try to get in your formation.

In a word: yes.

The positions on the tactics screen are deceiving. Other things must be considered to taking in a players true position on the pitch in the ME - mainly what his mentality is set to. This determines how far forward he will try to get in your formation.

So the left back with full mentality should advance as high up the pitch as the picture shows

So the left back with full mentality should advance as high up the pitch as the picture shows
The left full back in the second diagram for example is actually a fullback set to wingback/attack, and the centreback next to him has a cover duty

Yes, well, I don't know about full attacking, but also his duty would probably be 'attack'. The 'look for overlap' shout could also be used.

Yes, well, I don't know about full attacking, but also his duty would probably be 'attack'. The 'look for overlap' shout could also be used.

Well this worked just tried it on evra just flew up pitch

Well this worked just tried it on evra just flew up pitch
Well he would get forward, but he will probably be out of position every time you lose position because he is trying to get forward the whole time. You need to find a balance so he doesn't neglect his defensive duties ;)

Well he would get forward, but he will probably be out of position every time you lose position because he is trying to get forward the whole time. You need to find a balance so he doesn't neglect his defensive duties ;)

Using an anchor man so that should cover

So basically,

Your wide men will be a set of winger and fullback(Winger sends in crosses, fullbacks help out to defend and crosses from deep) and a set of wingback and inside forward(wingback does all the crossing and inside forward helps out the striker/basic attacking player.)

Your striker has to be either a poacher with an attacking midfielder/playmaker behind him, and possible a deep lying playmaker,( more of a Fabregas chamakh combo where the attacking mid creates more than taking the chances.)

OR a target man/ deep lying forward, with a trequartista, attacking midfielder behind him.
(something like a kaka and borriello combo where the attacking mid is as good as the striker in taking chances.)

Your holding midfielders HAVE to consist of one anchorman/ defensive midfielder, followed by a choice between deep lying playmaker/box-box and etc.

Roles are pretty straight forward. Duties are in tandem with the way you play. Players should fit the role, and have the necessary ppms.

View attachment 110897
Yellow section is the wingback and inside forward combo
Blue section is the winger and fullback combo
Black diamond is anchorman
White diamond box to box
Red section is the deep lying forward and trequartista combo

Quite easy to create such a tactic but will it be sucessful is another matter

Quite easy to create such a tactic but will it be sucessful is another matter

I have not lossed only conceded 4 in 9 games not concened any in the league only problem is not scoring many goals im having trouble with the strike attacking mid combo

Last edited:
I have not lossed only conceded 4 in 9 games not concened any in the league only probably is not scoring many goals im having trouble with the strike attacking mid combo

Try twisting the roles around, or replace a defend/support duty player to attack. see if that helps.

Try twisting the roles around, or replace a defend/support duty player to attack. see if that helps.

just going to try a treq and advance forward

That was short lived berbatov got injured

Last edited: