• Stoke

Votes: 12 32.4%
  • Liverpool

Votes: 12 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

likeabaws

Reaction score
Alright lads? Here is my first FM13 story, and the really original and never before done part is - you choose who I am! This will be a bit of a Journeyman save - I'll move on every few years or so, unless I get endeared to a club like Sam91 did in his Soton story in FM12 ;). So lads, the choices will be:

- Man United - knocked off their perch by City last year, they have looked dodgy this season and not (in my opinion) strong enough for the title. Can I be the successor to Sir Alex?
- Stoke City - Criticised often for being a " long ball team" and "dirty". Can I turn them into a team that plays brilliant football and wins trophies?
- West Ham - The newly promoted Hammers have looked good this season, but can I make them into a great team?
- Liverpool - I hate Liverpool as an Everton fan, but they have looked like a mid-table team recently. Can I take them to the dizzy heights of the Shankly era?

Please vote lads, looking to get this story going by tomorrow night. Anyway, watch this space for further updates! :D

Newcastle or West Ham

I know Newcastle aren't on the list but still. It would be interesting story if you tried to keep it as realistic as possible (Stick to Newcastles' transfer policy)

I voted for Liverpool. Would be interesting to see how you go about transfers with limited funds and rebuilding the club.

Voted Stoke, would be interesting trying to change them into a top side

Huge Liverpool fan so you know who i voted for.
p.s that goal last week should of been allowed

@tommytorres I know, thats the brilliant part ;)
everyone get voting, very close at the moment!

Will begin the story at around 4 today lads, really close votes so far!

I go away for half an hour and Liverpool are in front?! Lol, this make things a lot more interesting *strokes beard*

Ok, will start save at 4pm, you have until then to vote!

Last edited:
View attachment 280999

West Ham United

West Ham were formed in 1895 as Thames Ironworks FC. They play their home games at The Boleyn Ground in the East End of London. For a club with such a big fanbase and reputation, it is somewhat of a shock to learn they have never won the first division title. As this is a bit of a Journeyman save, I cannot guarantee I can win them my first title, however I hope to make them into a great team. I will be running this as realistically as possible, for example if a big club come calling, I would probably take it. That is how I'll run things.

My transfer targets:
Roysten Drenthe - free - A great winger would add pace and flair to a team rather lacking in pace, and for no money is an absolute bargain.
Craig Gordon - free - Jaaskalainen is getting on a bit, and to get in a quality kepper of Gordon's calibre would be an absolute steal. However, I would need a decent back-up due to him being very injury prone.
Ademilson - Around £4m - Has earned plaudits all over the FM world for being a great wonderkid, and I'd like to get him as favoured personnel so he follows me wherever I go.

I don't know the budget yet, but these wouldn't cost me much. More updates soon lads, wish me luck!

View attachment 281017

July/August

Pre season:
View attachment 281018
I knew we would struggle when we lost to the reserves, and my prediction was correct.
Premiership results:
West Ham 0-1 Everton
Spurs 6-0 West Ham
West Ham 3-2 MK Dons (Capital One Cup)
Vaz Te, Diarra, Nolan

A dreadful start, but that could only be expected out of this terrible budget.
View attachment 281019

Nothing to spend, and just 2k left in the wage budget, I was ready to curl up into a ball and cry. These were our final transfers for the summer:
View attachment 281020
It didn't help that even when I begged the board for a higher percentage of transfer revenue and they accepted, I still only got 35%. A very long way to go, but its gonna be a **** of a challenge.

Player of the Month: none
Top scorer: Ricardo Vaz Te, (1 goal, played least minutes)

Fun fact: Mark Noble's rating in the game against Spurs was 3.3. -_-

Shocking transfer budget
Good win against Villareal
should get better for ya