FinnishFlash

Reaction score
Hello guys! I am new on the site and after having a read through after some great stories, I decided I want to write one myself too. Now, I've decided to go ahead with Malaga simply because I love the city and I have dreams of living there in the future. Myself I am Scandinavian but I live in the States. Cannot wait to get started with the story and I hope someone out there will enjoy following it :). My first update will be the background story of the manager I will use, what I can already give out to you guys is that he is Italian.

Okay, seems like a great start eh? Of course the thread name should be Malaga, not Malga. My bad guys :D

Hey guys, sorry for the delay, I've had a busy week but now I am finally ready to start this off. So, meet the manager of this story.
Carlo Giuseppe Vetrone
View attachment 142764

View attachment 1061622
Breaking
news are coming out that the former Brazilian born, Italian national team captain and top scorer is taking on his first manager role at Malaga CF where he played between 2001-2003. Malaga CF owner Abdullah Al Thani has reported that the Spanish La Liga side are extremely delighted to have Vetrone, the Real Madrid club legend, take the steering wheel at the club that finished 9th in the 2014-2015 season, and have high ambitions for the future.

The Sky Sports reporter Ali Ahmudad met with Vetrone recently and here is how Vetrone commented on his starting manager career, "I have had a great football career as a player, however I feel like I am not yet ready to leave the sport as a whole and when Malaga CF, a club very close to my heart, approached me for the job I straight away accepted it. I cannot wait to start working with the team and hopefully have a great first season with the club."

So here was a small introduction on who exactly the manager Carlo Giuseppe Vetrone is. I am very excited about the story and I hope someone out there is too. Next update will be on the pre-season, signings and friendlies.

Last edited:
View attachment 142625
Welcome back guys!

The friendlies:
View attachment 142624
27/6/2015:
We started off the pre-season by playing against our affiliate club At. Malagueno and won convincingly by four goals to nil. Uche, Albentosa and Horta featured on the score sheet.
3/7/2015:
It became apparent that the tactic I created wasn't working out as we lost to Alaves 3-1. Charles scored the only goal.
9/7/2015:
The game against Benfica's reserve side was a very uncreative one and forced me to really think the tactic through.
15/7/2015:
A win for a change, however the game wasn't anything spectacular from us, although it's nice to see the promising midfielder maestro Fornals get on the score sheet.
20/7/2015:
A tight game with the counter tactic I created, we only had 3 shots in the whole game but still managed to score while keeping it somewhat tight at the back. Charles scores his second of the pre-season.
25/7/2015:
A win against AEK was mirrored by a great performance by us, however we were off in front of goal and the only one we scored was from a set piece.
28/7/2015:
This game pretty much reflects our whole pre-season so far, horrible. It hurts to think how this talented side cannot beat Ipswich.
1/8/2015:
Finally a confident win for us. I created a whole new tactic for the team and it seems to work wonders. Horta, Charles and Carlos score the goals for us.
5/8/2015:
I was so ****** at losing against Alaves at the start of the pre-season that I decided to play another one against them. I'm glad I did because we beat them 3-0 and Ontiveros, the future of Malaga CF, scored twice and also assisted Pavon's goal.
8/8/2015:
A game against El Palo really proved to me that the tactic works well as we beat the low league side by seven goals to nil. Uche, Cifuentes, Ontiveros and Carlos score our goals.
12/8/2015:
Four days later we had another go with the counter tactic I created with positive results. A 0-0 draw with Atletico Madrid away proves how well the team can defend.
17/8/2015:
The last game of the pre-season sees us beat Jaen 3-0 away with Duje Cop scoring a hattrick. Fun fact: I terminated Cop's loan after the game as I had no real use for him.

So that is the pre-season for us... Shall we take a look at the transfers Vetrone has made.

View attachment 1061773

View attachment 142622
The transfer roundup shows that we made a nice revenue by selling Rosales and Fornals to Liverpool and Tottenham respectively.

View attachment 142621
Our first signing of the season is the Brazilian prospect Luan, who joins the team to replace Rosales on the right side of the defense.

View attachment 142617
Next off, I decided to bring in Ilori from Liverpool on loan, because we were lacking depth in the center back department.

View attachment 142616
Based on the pre-season games we had played at this point, I felt we lacked quality out on the wings and thus I decided to bring in the talented Argentinian prospect Pavon.

View attachment 142615
Following the Pavon deal, Villalba fits the same requirements. I am very excited about what these two little magicians can do for the team.

View attachment 142613
I brought Ivan on loan because the new tactic had a Center Attacking Midfielder and I didn't have many who could play the position yet.

View attachment 142611
The two major sells that took place were Rosales and Fornals. Rosales I sold on purpose because he was a whiny B*tch and I don't accept that kind of nonsense at my club. I got a decent fee off of him and I am happy to offload him from the future Champions League winners.

View attachment 142610
Now, Fornals had a release clause of 6,25million and Tottenham bidded something around the 4 million mark, I countered 6,25 because that was the release clause but Tottenham rejected that. However, a few days later I got an email that said Fornals has joined the Spurs after the London club met his release clause. I don't know when this happened but I have to admit I regret not offering Fornals a contract earlier.

Here are all the major transfers excluding the Ochoa loan who I had to loan out as I couldn't register him for the league due to foreign player restrictions. Now you might wonder what about De Arrascaeta. Yes, I loaned him in but once I realized I had too many foreign players, I terminated the loan and instead loaned in Ivan.

View attachment 142606

The next update will be on the tactics and the final team of Malaga CF for the 2015-2016 campaign!

View attachment 142602

The pre-season has been played and it is finally time to start off the real season, the La Liga. Malaga CF have bought some interesting and talented players to their squad and are surely looking to finish higher than the season preview's 10th place.

View attachment 142601

The full squad for the 2015-2016 campaign is here!

Let's take a look at some of the key players for this season.

View attachment 142599
At the back we hope that Kameni can keep many clean sheets for us this season.

View attachment 142598
In front of Kameni we hope that Weligton will work his Brazilian magic even if he is aging and retirement will be a close friend for him in the coming years. Great mentals and defensive stats promise solidity.

View attachment 142596
Great defensive promising midfielder who unfortunately is injured for the start of the season but once he gets on the pitch, without a doubt he will play a big part for us.

View attachment 142595
While Camacho wins balls in midfield, we hope that Villalba can use these opponent's turnovers in favor for us.

View attachment 142593
Charles is a great aging striker and we can only hope that he still has his scoring boots in use as he will be our main goal scoring threat.

The two tactics that we will be using this season are very simple and straight forward.

View attachment 142587View attachment 142586
The two tactics, attacking on the left, countering on the right. Both worked well during pre-season so I am hopeful of a great season.