elyybourgess

Reaction score
View attachment 768841

It is crazy when you know that Valencia CF has never won the Champions League even though they have some history in Spain and the Europa League. So I decided to go with the challenge and try my luck with the Bats. The objective is very simple, a five year plan to make Valencia CF a European force.

View attachment 302263

Hopefully this will be updated on a daily basis and I hope it will be a good read.

Love Valencia. Often use them online with friend so great to see what you can do. Any challenges you are going for like youth players only of certain priced players or are you just going for it?

Love Valencia. Often use them online with friend so great to see what you can do. Any challenges you are going for like youth players only of certain priced players or are you just going for it?

I am the kind of players who like to build around what I have in the academy and don't buy unless I sell first, I also don't like going for the obvious wonderkids unless I really need them in the team and can't find better alternatives for them.

First Season objectives

Due to Valencia ending last season 8th in the League they weren't able to take part in any of the European tournaments which turns our focus on only the domestic competitions.

Season objectives:

Top 4 Finish
Go as far as possible in the Copa Del Rey

Philosophies agreed:

No philosophies agreed with the board

Transfer policy:

No buying before selling and with the same amount made
Promote players from the Mestalla and the youth team

Board requests:

Upgrade youth facilities
Upgrade training facilities

Tactics to be used:

All formations have been created by me:
4-5-1
4-2-3-1 wide
4-3-1-2 Narrow

Next up squad listing and transfers. One more thing to note is that I am using a custom database made by the Football Manager Whizkids with the January transfers.

Last edited:
I am the kind of players who like to build around what I have in the academy and don't buy unless I sell first, I also don't like going for the obvious wonderkids unless I really need them in the team and can't find better alternatives for them.

Love that idea. I do sometimes find it a struggle after a few seasons to get the regens but it adds more fun. Blowing budgets is also good fun but can become a bit easy

Team and key players

View attachment 302239
That's the full squad I will be using this season as we can see a lot of loaned in and loaned out players with only Negredo joining permanently at the end of the season. Also I gave Alberto Tendillo a promotion to the first team.

View attachment 302233

Also I will be building the team around Paco Alcacer, Sofiane Feghouli, Pablo Piatti and Dani Parejo. If you wish to see any player's attributes I will be more than happy to show them.

Some Good News Already

With interest starting for Paco Alcacer from Schalke 04 and other teams I decided to give the wonderkid a new contract with him accepting it due to his love for the club.

View attachment 302201

Transfer window Roundup

Still in july but that would be the only transfer I will be doing this window unless I find a bargain or a freebie which I really need

View attachment 302179

Matchday 1: Sevilla vs Valencia

A nerve wrecking match that saw my team lose 4 players on knocks but only two were serious (Thankfully). And a 1-0 win was more than satisfying for me against Sevilla who are known to be really hard at home.

View attachment 302157

Highlight of the game was Rodrigo De Paul scoring on his debut and almost scoring another goal that was ruled out due to him being offside.

Shkodran Mustafi was named man of the match and it was well deserved.

More updates will be posted tomorrow

Mustafi gets bought in the first season by Barca in my save and then spends the rest of his carrer in barca b.

Mustafi gets bought in the first season by Barca in my save and then spends the rest of his carrer in barca b.

I tried to not lose any key player so If we make it to the champions league I will be giving my key players with low release fees new contracts. Good thing is am getting closer to the transfer deadline day so no deal is likely to happen this window.

October Review

Bad month for me as I only managed to get 2 points out of 9 available especially after losing at home to Elche.

View attachment 301914

October looks like a really hard month for my team but I reckon if I could get at least 6 points out of 12 it would be great.

View attachment 301913

Good news is I am still third in the league and close to the top 2 and with Parejo and Alcacer coming back soon I will have that extra push that I need

Villareal 1-3 Valencia

A good win as Valencia win away 3-1 in a match that saw two penalties being given for Valencia.

View attachment 301906
Sad part is Andre Gomes getting injured. Good news Parejo and Alcacer are fit for the Bilbao match.

View attachment 301907
Note to self: Alvaro Negeredo should NEVER take penalties ever again.

Valencia 3-3 Athletic Bilbao

A rather frustrating result after being 2-0 up to nearly losing the match 3-2. It was great to see Paco make a scoring return. However another injury weakens my midfield.

View attachment 301890

View attachment 301885

Good thing is I have a 14 day international break hopefully I don't get a player injured in the internationals.

Valencia 2-1 FC Barcelona

View attachment 301874

Best performance of the season so far... Many factors were taken into consideration in the match and match preparation:

- Changed the tactics from an attacking 4-5-1 to a counter attacking 4-2-3-1 wide formation with a Ball Winning Midfielder (Perez) and a Deep Lying Playmaker (Parejo)

- As we noticed both goals came in the first 10 minutes which was my plan all along.

- Parejo had a hand in both goals (1 goal 1 assist)

- Diego Alves had an amazing game although he couldn't save Neymar's screamer (Who could've saved it anyway)

- The tight marking done by Otamendi and Mustafi on Messi and co kind of eliminated their danger forcing them from shooting from outside the area

With 10 points out of 12 I would say that it was a great month. :D

More updates will be posted Tomorrow.