Los Che On The Search For European Glory...

Wadinho

Reaction score
Hey guys, this is my first story on here, for it, I have chosen Valencia as my team, due to the fact that if managed well they can challenge for the La Liga title.​

revista1509_SkyPlayer_450x250.jpg

Valencia_CF-logo-2B72739E03-seeklogo.com.gif

The Valencia C.F board have today announced the appointment of Jake Wadsworth as First Team Manager with immediate effect. The decision comes after the resignation of former manager Unai Emery due to personal reasons. Former England international Wadsworth's playing career spanned over 11 years, having spells with Bury, Newcastle, Manchester United, Valencia and Jumilla CF, earning 56 England caps and scoring 40 goals in the process. He retired in 2006 and has since been the Manager at former clubs Bury and Newcastle, but thought the Valencia job was too good to turn down. In statment released earlier, he had this to say:​

"I am absolutely delighted to return here to the Mestalla as manager of Valencia, its a dream come true. I hope to use my style of free-flowing attacking play which has seen sucess as my previous clubs. I intend to be heavily involved at the club and will get rid of anyone who I consider to be dead wool as we surge for European glory"​

When asked about the transfer speculation linking him with a move for Rodolfo Arrubarrena, Wadsworth denied any interest in the player.​

Manuel Llorente, Chairman of Valencia, had this to say:
"We are delighted to welcome Jake Wadworth to the club and hope he can bring us the European glory that this club has been thriving to achieve over past seasons"​

More to come.....​

Last edited:
July + August Update

revista1509_SkyPlayer_450x250.jpg

Pre-Season:

Valencia CF seem to be enjoying a good pre-season under new manager Jake Wadsworth, winning all but 1 of their 10 pre-season games, including some high scoring thrillers:​

Valencia 5 - 1 Valencia Mestalla​

Valencia 9 - 0 Coventry Sphinx
View attachment 38229

Cartagena 0 - 1 Valencia
Cagliari 0 - 1 Valencia
Guijiero 0 - 1 Valencia
Mouscron 1 - 3 Valencia​

Valencia 12 - 0 Dunstable
View attachment 38234

Girona 0 - 0 Valencia
Cordoba 0 - 4 Valencia
Valencia 5 - 0 Vilafranca​

24th July
*BREAKING NEWS*

After much speculation, we can confirm that a deal has been agreed for Parma's Central Midfielder McDonald Mariga, which will see him come to the Mestalla for a fee of £4.1 Million pounds, much of which will be payed over the next 48 months. A long battle went on with Manchester City for the Kenyan International's signature but Mariga has chose to sign for Los Che, feeling he can achieve much more there. Manager Jake Wadsworth is delighted to be able to welcome McDonald to the club, seeing him as a potential World Class player in the future.​

mariga.jpg

McDonald Mariga

20th August

Valencia's first competitive encounter of the season see's them face Stabekk Fotbal in Fourth Round Qualifying tie for a place in the Europa League. The first leg see's Valencia travel to Norway to take on Stabekk:​

After a widely contested midfield battle, David Villa put us ahead, but they equalised midway through the second half, seeing the tie finish 1-1:​

Stabekk Fotball 1 - 1 Valencia
View attachment 38260
(Villa - Nannskog)
Man Of The Match: David Villa (Valencia)

24th August
*BREAKING NEWS*

We can today confirm that a deal has been agreed between Sevilla and Valencia for widely known Striker Luis Fabiano, reports suggest that the fee is around £24.5 Million pounds, a deal which Sevilla could not turn down. Most of the fee will be payed over the next 48 months in installments. Fans of Valencia are delight that manager Jake Wadsworth has been able to acquire such a well known Striker. Wadsworth said, "Luis is a world class striker, and I am delighted that he has agreed to play for us, I hope to make him an integral part of the team"​

luis-fabiano.jpg

Luis Fabiano

27th August

Today saw Stabekk Fotball travel to the Mestalla for the 2nd leg of their 4th round qualifying tie with Valencia, with the 1st leg finishing 1-1.​

The home advantage looked to be the good omen for Valencia in this tie, as they hammered Stabekk to qualify for the Europa League. A record breaking goal after 19 seconds from Nikola Zigic saw Valencia on their way to victory with Davud Villa providing a 2nd just after half time. Frustration got the better of Stabekk's Veigar Pall Gunnarson as he saw red on 80 minutes for a dangerous challenge on McDonald Mariga. Valencia go through 3-1 on aggreagate though and their hunt for european glory goes on.​

Valencia 2 - 0 Stabekk Fotball
View attachment 38261
(Zigic, Villa)
Man Of The Match: Nikola Zigic (Valencia)

Start Of The La Liga season:

30th August

Valencia's campaign saw them start off with a difficult challenge away to league favourites Real Madrid.​

An upset looked possible when David Villa gave Valencia a 1-0 half-time lead with a well struck goal, he then doubled his and Valencia's tally with a 2nd goal before Ruben Baraja sealed the win with a late goal.
I was very happy with the result, didn't expect it at all.​

La Liga
Real Madrid 0 - 3 Valencia
View attachment 38265
(David Villa [2], Baraja)
MOTM: David Villa (Valencia)
League Position: 3rd​

31st August

Today saw the close of the transfer window, I was pleased with my 2 signings and dont regret offloading any of the players I did.​

Last edited:
September Update

12th September

La Liga
Valencia 2 - 3 Atheltico Madrid
View attachment 38273
(Zigic, Asenjo OG - Antonio Lopez [2], Sinama-Pongolle)
Man Of The Match: Antonio Lopez (Atheltico)
League Position: 5th​

17th September

Europa League Group Stage
Aberdeen 0 - 1 Valencia
View attachment 38274
(David Villa)
Man Of The Match : David Villa (Valencia)
Group Position: 2nd​

20th September

La Liga
Valencia 2 - 0 Deportivo La Coruna
View attachment 38286
(Zigic, Luis Fabiano)
Luis Fabiano Red Carded
Man Of The Match : McDonald Mariga (Valencia)
League Position: 6th​

23rd September

La Liga
Xerex 3 - 5 Valencia
View attachment 38301
(Maldonado, Casado, Bermejo - Silva, Dealbert, Miku [2], Zigic)
Man Of The Match: Miku (Valencia)

Luis Fabiano and David Villa both out through suspension and injury, wasn't too confident of scoring many but Miku was superb, picking up MOTM in the process.​

27th September

La Liga
Valencia 1 - 1 Tenerife
View attachment 38312
(Miku - Maldonado)
Man Of The Match: Miguel Angel Moya (Valencia)

End Of Month Round Up:

Overall, I was well pleased with how the team played throughout September. The thrilling game at Xerez broke a La Liga record of goals in a game, beating the previous record of 7, with a total of 8. The defeat against Athletico wasn't particuarly pleasing but thats football for you! I was over the moon with young striker Miku, who started out as back-up but came on when we were having striker problems and has 3 goals in 2 games so far. I would reccomend him to most teams, only valued at £1.6 Million as well. Maringa and Fabiano have both settled well and look like they still have much to give to the club.​

League Table as of September 30th:​

View attachment 38321

Team stats as of September 30th:

View attachment 38326

Last edited:
always like to see the spanish leagues being tried out, will like to see how you get on in la liga :) good luck mate