Tobey Mason

Reaction score

View attachment 124474

Club Atl
ético Madrid - Los Rojiblancos

Club Atlético de Madrid, SAD commonly known as Atlético Madrid, or simply as Atlético, is a Spanish professional football club based in Madrid, that plays in La Liga. In terms of UEFA competition titles won, Atlético Madrid is Spain's third most successful club behind Real Madrid and Barcelona. In terms of the number of titles, Atlético Madrid is the fourth most successful club in Spanish football, behind Real Madrid, Barcelona and Athletic Bilbao. Atlético have won La Liga on ten occasions, including a league and cup double in 1996; the Copa del Rey on ten occasions; two Supercopas de España and one Copa Eva Duarte; in Europe, they won the European Cup Winners' Cup in 1962, were runners-up in 1963 and 1986, were European Cup runners-up in 1974, 2014 and 2016, won the Europa League in 2010 and in 2012, won the UEFA Super Cup in 2010 and 2012, as well as the 1974 Intercontinental Cup.

The club play their home games at the Vicente Calderón, which holds up to 54,960 spectators. In 2016, Atlético are due to move to their new home of Estadio La Peineta, which will have a capacity of 70,000. Atlético's home kit is red and white vertical striped shirts, with blue shorts, accompanied by blue and red socks. This combination has been used since 1911.
During their history the club has been known by a number of nicknames, including Los Colchoneros ("The Mattress Makers"), due to their first team stripes being the same colours as old-fashioned mattresses. During the 1970s, they became known as Los Indios, allegedly due to the club signing several South American players after the restrictions on signing foreign players were lifted. However, there are a number of alternative theories which claim they were named so because their stadium is "camped" on the river bank, or because Los Indios (The Indians) were the traditional enemy of Los Blancos (The Whites), which is the nickname of the club's city rivals, Real Madrid.
Felipe VI, the current king of Spain, has been the honorary president of the club since 2003. The club co-owns the Indian Super League franchise in Kolkata, named Atlético de Kolkata, which won the inaugural season of the competition in 2014.

The Manager

View attachment 124473

Diego Pablo Simeone González born 28 April 1970, also known as El Cholo, is an Argentine football manager and former player, who played as a midfielder. He is currently the manager of Spanish La Liga club Atlético de Madrid.
In his club career that started in 1987, Simeone played for Vélez Sarsfield, Pisa, Sevilla, Atlético Madrid, Internazionale, Lazio and Racing; he won a domestic double with Atlético Madrid in 1996, and the UEFA Cup with Inter in 1998, also winning another domestic double with Lazio in 2000, as well as the 1999 UEFA Super Cup and the 2000 Supercoppa Italiana. Simeone was capped over 100 times for the Argentina national football team, and represented the country at the 1994, 1998 and 2002 FIFA World Cups, and in four editions of the Copa América, winning the tournament in 1991 and 1993; he also won the FIFA Confederations Cup in 1992, and a silver medal at the 1996 Summer Olympic games.
As a manager, Simeone has coached Racing, Estudiantes, River Plate, San Lorenzo, and Catania, before joining Atético Madrid in 2011. He won the Argentine Primera División both with Estudiantes and River Plate, and has won five titles since joining Atletico Madrid, including the La Liga title, the Copa del Rey, and the UEFA Europa League, also reaching two UEFA Champions Leaguefinals with the club.

Managerial Acomplishments at
Atlético Madrid

La Liga
: 2013–14
Copa del Rey : 2012–13
Supercopa de España : 2014
UEFA Europa League : 2011–12
UEFA Super Cup : 2012
UEFA Champions League Runner-up : 2013–14, 2015–16
La Liga Coach of the Year: 2012–13, 2013–14

The Current Squad

View attachment 124469
Jan Oblak/Ángel Moyà

View attachment 124468
Diego Godin/Filipe Luis/Stefan Savić/José Giménez/Šime Vrsaljko/Juanfran/Lucas Hernández

View attachment 124467
Yannick Carrasco/Nicolás Gaitán/Saúl Ñíguez/Koke/Tiago/Augusto Fernández/Gabi/Thomas Partey/Alessio Cerci

View attachment 124466
Kévin Gameiro/Antoine Griezmann/Fernando Torres/Ángel Correa

Atlético Madrid Tactics

View attachment 124322

Diego Simeone has stuck to having Gabi as Los Rojiblanco's captain and sticks with Diego Godin as vice captain. Both are experienced players with a wealth of experience. The formation Simeone will use this season is a 4-2-3-1 Gengenpress system. Gegenpressing means to pressure the opposition immediately after losing possession. So your team have attacked and lost the ball. The opposition now have possession of the ball and instead of leaving the ball and dropping off to become organised and compact behind the ball, energetic pressure is immediately applied around the ball as an organised and co - cohesive unit. The first priority of Gegenpressing is to try and win the ball back as quickly as possible and then counter the counter attack. The second priority is to force the opposition to make a hurried inaccurate or panicked pass, which your team can gain possession from or intercept or win and then counter attack. (Credit to the Pav)

Koke and Nicolás Gaitán will be the primary corner takers and Antoine Griezmann will be the chief penalty taker.

Incoming Staff

Bernhard Peters - Head Of Youth Development
Jose Manuel Otxotorena - Goalkeeping Coach
Fabio Mahseredjian - Fitness Coach
Francesco Chinnici - Fitness Coach
Gianni Vio - Coach
Norbert Elgert - Coach
Danilo Jose Prando Minutti - Under 19's Goalkeeping Coach
Eva Carneiro - Physio

Last edited:
I'm hoping to be able to topple Barcelona and Real Madrid. We actually have a very good squad and not much of a Transfer Budget so will probably focus on youth. There's no way any of my stars will be able to leave.

View attachment 124024

TRANSFER UPDATE

View attachment 124023
View attachment 124017

Diego Simeone is not known for his nurturing of youth players but it appears that he may now join the many other managers who focus on this side of management. The wiley Argentinian has signed two youth prospects in the form of Mohamed Loua (Anderlecht) and Florentino Luis (Benfica). Both are 16 year old defensive midfielders and it has been speculated that with some guidance and hard work they could become standout future stars.

Loua possess real strength and superb tackling skills for his age and has great ability to jump up high to reach headers. Luis has good passing ability, decent tackling and strong determination. Both players will need to show what they can do in the Under 19's squad before getting anywhere near the first team. However both have been included in the clubs tour of Japan.
Diego SImeone has explained to close sources that he will be looking to sign more players and that he is keen to focus on youth and add more depth to his side.

View attachment 123999

Manuel Locatelli joins Simeone's Rojiblanco's in a mouth watering £13,000,000 deal. The italian had been sought after a fair few of Europe's big hitters but because Simeone acted the fastest the young midfielder has moved to Spain. Locatelli has great technique, passing and a tremendous first touch. It's thought that with some tutoring and hard work the young Italian could become a fantastic proposition for the club

Last edited:

View attachment 124010

Atlético Madrid Pre-Season Tour

View attachment 124006

View attachment 124002

View attachment 124013View attachment 124014View attachment 124012

Atlético Madrid played well in their first Pre-Season game in Japan. They faced off against the Urawa Red Diamonds who looked rather lethargic throughout the contest. The Red Diamonds did take a surprise lead though on seventeen minutes through Daijiro Honda but the lead didn't last long. Obviously there is a gulf in class and the Rojiblanco's made the Diamonds suffer. Diego Godin scored the second goal of the game, thumping in a header from a Antoine Griezmann corner. Godin looked delighted with his goal and the team deserved to go level the game after the way the match had played out.

Angel Correa then scored a brace within four minutes just before half time slotting in two goals from close proximity into the Urawa Red Diamonds goal. Diego Simeone had obviously told his team to take the second half easy as the game slowed right down and the players conserving energy, The only other goal of the game was an own goal from Taku Nishi who deflected a Gameiro shot into his own net.

View attachment 123955

TRANSFER UPDATE

View attachment 123954
View attachment 123953

It seems to be transpiring that Simeone is definitely planning for the future. Whether this is for himself or for another manager to benefit from the signings the Rojoblanco's are completing at the moment. Senegalese Abdou Diakhate is the latest youngster to come through the entry doors.

The midfielder is a strong player with a keen eye for goal. He has the skill and technique to make silky runs through any oppositions defence. He has good passing ability and like some of Simeone's other signings has a strong sense of determination.

Last edited:
More Transfer news, Pre-season games and a struggle to land my top target. Also a few departures all coming up. Also Barcelona my first Liga Santander game.

Sorry for the inactivity. I swear the site keeps going down.

I swear the site keeps going down.
It seems to yeah hahaha, can be annoying considering how fast I get through my own save sometimes! :D
By the way, great signings! Can't wait to see how they get on in the Atletico side :)

View attachment 123826

Atlético Madrid Pre-Season Tour - Match Two

View attachment 123821

View attachment 123820View attachment 123818View attachment 123817

Another rout for Atlético Madrid as they blast five past the hapless Yokohama FC team. The home team never looked to match the European giants and Simeone will be pleased to see his team dominate in their second Pre-Season match. The fans will be pleased to see five different goalscorers today and will be encouraged with all the goalmouth prowess on display so far.

Angel Correa has looked sublime in both the games the team have played in Japan so far earning man of the match in both games.
Atlético will feel aggrieved to see the clean sheet pass them by and it will be up to Simeone to tighten his side up at the back to prevent further breaches this tour.

Last edited:
It seems to yeah hahaha, can be annoying considering how fast I get through my own save sometimes! :D
By the way, great signings! Can't wait to see how they get on in the Atletico side :)

Cheers mate thank you. Yeah I know its hard not to go to far into the save

View attachment 123808

TRANSFER UPDATE

View attachment 123807
View attachment 123806
The Rojiblanco's have secured another teenage sensation, this time in the shape of French/Senegalese centre back Issa Diop who signs from French club Toulouse. The young centre back is strong in the air and can tackle for fun. His fast pace, powerful play makes him extremely dangerous when he is on the ball.

Diop will most likely be back up for the likes of Godin, Giminez and Lucas but he will hope to get involved in at least some lower level ties Simeone and his side
have. Diop was a steal at just a mere £2.8 million. It's believed that Diop's career is now about to take off and that his talent and his transfer fee will now rocket.

Interesting team choice, it'll be hard to topple the Dominance of the El Classico two! Look forward to finding out if you can do it. :)

Interesting team choice, it'll be hard to topple the Dominance of the El Classico two! Look forward to finding out if you can do it. :)

Yeah it's because I've only had £4mil Budget so have had to sell well to get a Transfers done. Departures will be up soon. Yeah Barca and R Madrid I think will top me this year. Thanks for commenting.

I was wondering where your money had come from for transfers haha! No worries.

I was wondering where your money had come from for transfers haha! No worries.

Haha probably should have stated that earlier outgoings aren't as exciting as incomings though. I'll screenshot the Transfer History after my next Transfer update as I'll be done after that one. Got two more Japanese Friendlies, Totti's testimonial against his Roma side and then one more friendly before kicking off the Liga Santander against Barcelona (gulp)

View attachment 123584

TRANSFER UPDATE

View attachment 123583

View attachment 123582
Atlético Madrid make their final two signings of the 2016/2017 summer Transfer WIndow. Two attacking players are bought into the club with the likes of Luan and Lautaro Martinez joining the Rojiblancos. Simeone has opted for youth and for investments into the clubs future. Both players will probably make an impact this season but it's more than likely that Martinez will be used less due to his age of only eighteen years old.

Luan can play right wing, left wing and attacking midfield, so his versatility will benefit the club greatly and add a huge amount of depth for those positions within Atlético Madrid. Laun had been making a name for himself in Btrazil and Gremio will be sad to see him go. The Brazillian wanted to leave though for pastures a new and was keen to move to
Atlético Madrid and the Liga Santander.

Lautaro Martinez who plays as a striker is a suprise signing but Diego Simeone seems to see something in him. With the strikers position mosyt likely to be filled by Fernando Torres or Kevin Gameiro, Martinez may find his opportunities limited this season.

View attachment 123581

Atlético Madrid Pre-Season Tour - Match Three

View attachment 123580

View attachment 123579View attachment 123578View attachment 123577

Another Pre-Season win with the Rojiblanco's thrashing the home team Hangzhou 4-1. Defender Lucas and Kevin Gameiro registered goals in the first half along with the home teams Anselmo Ramon who spoils the clubs party by snuffing out the clean sheet for Atletco Madrid.

After half time Diego Godin scored from a corner with a powerful header which was flicked on by Filipe Luis who played well at left back. Yannick Ferreira Carrasco scored the fouth goal and made it look simple when he first took on two defenders, nutmeged the third and scored a goal. The travelling fans were dwindling by the time of the full time whistle but stayed on to cheer their side on.