mathllanber

Reaction score
View attachment 330296

Los Verdiblancos - A Real Betis Story

Young Welshman Taker Over Relegated Real Betis

Recently relegated Real Betis have announced Welshman Mathew Roberts as their new manager following the relegation from the Liga BBVA. After a disappointing campaign in the 2013/14 season, Betis finished bottom of the table with 25 points, 15 points from safety. This is some of the quotes Mathew Robes had to say at his press conference:

"We will be looking to bounce back straight away this season, this squad has the quality to do so, there is no doubt about that"

"It's a big club and it belongs in La Liga"

After numerous questions regarding his lack of experience, this is what Mathew Roberts had to say:

"Everyone has to start somewhere and I think this is the place, everything about this club is wonderful so I have no doubt I'll settle in quickly with help from everyone associated with Betis"

Pre-season Fixtures.

View attachment 330293

View attachment 330296

Next Update: Pre-Season results & start of the season. Thanks for looking.​

View attachment 330283

Pre-Season Results, Start Of Season & Transfers

Pre-Season Results

View attachment 330282View attachment 330281

Pre-Season In-Game Stats

View attachment 330280View attachment 330279View attachment 330278View attachment 330277View attachment 330276 View attachment 330275

Pre-Season Review

Mathew Roberts: A fantastic pre-season for the Los Verdiblancos with 27 goals scored and only 1 conceded which was a penalty vs Villarreal 'B'. We dominated nearly every game, plenty of shots & possession. I was very pleased with the win against a good Premier League side, West Ham. I couldn't pick a stand-out player as all of the players were fantastic. We look very good for the forthcoming season.

Transfers & News

View attachment 330274View attachment 330273View attachment 330272

Mathew Roberts: After a couple of weeks with the squad, I brought in Ermin Alic (CB) & Unai Buztinsa (RB) as we needed cover in those positions. We also picked up Pedro Leao, he's only 19, a young attacking midfielder from Brazil with a great future ahead of him.

Mathew Roberts: We've be drawn against Valladoid in the Spanish Cup, a tough away draw but I have faith that we can overcome them with ease and hopefully go on a cup run.

Mathew Roberts: The club have also announced that we've nearly sold 33k season tickets. With that kind of support, I can't wait to feel the atmosphere in the home games.

August League Fixtures

Sabadell vs REAL BETIS - Liga Adelante - Gameweek 1 - 24/8/2014

View attachment 330271

Mathew Roberts: A fantastic start to the season with 4 goals scored away. We started sloppy and conceded after just 10 minutes. Xavi Torres equalised 7 minutes later, from then on we dominated the game throughout with 4 different goalscorers. We took our LB Alex Martinez off after he picked up an injury, luckily it was nothing big and was able to join the training in the mid-week.

REAL BETIS vs Numancia - Liga Adelante - Gameweek 2 - 31/8/2014

View attachment 330270

Mathew Roberts: My first home game was against Numancia. We were fantastic but couldn't get that goal, yet again we dominated the game for the full 90 minutes but it wasn't to be. We take plenty of positives from the game with the first clean sheet of the season being one.

View attachment 330283

Next Update: Will include player of the month for August, league table, September results which includes the 2nd round in the Spanish Cup.​

View attachment 330224

News

Mathew Roberts: I've decided to give the player of the month award to CM Javier Matilla. He scored the 4th goal vs Sabadell and was one of the star players vs Numancia.

September League & Cup Fixtures

Ponferradina vs REAL BETIS - Liga Adelante - Gameweek 3 - 7/9/2014

View attachment 330223

Mathew Roberts: A fantastic and dominant performance throughout the team. Javier Matilla was once again brilliant scoring the 1st 2 goals. Another clean sheet for the team aswell.

Valladoid vs REAL BETIS - Spanish Cup 2nd Round - 10/9/2014

View attachment 330222

Mathew Roberts: We were written off before the game but the squad proved them doubters wrong. Jorge Casado changed my HT team-talk with a goal just before the whistle. It was a very even game, we defended very well when they pegged one back but Jorge Molina's penalty proved to be the winner when he scored just before the hour mark.

REAL BETIS vs Albacete - Liga Adelante - Gameweek 4 - 14/9/2014

View attachment 330221

Mathew Roberts: Fantastic team spirit was shown in this game as the loanee Unai Bustinza was sent off just before HT. We were playing very well and was looking for that 2nd goal. Had a word with them HT and they went out like they had 12 men, they were fantastic. LB Alex Martinez scored before the hour mark then MOTM Alfred N'Diaye secured the win for us, fantastic.

Girona vs REAL BETIS - Liga Adelante - Gameweek 5 - 21/9/2014

View attachment 330220

Mathew Roberts: 2 goals just before HT secured another away 3 points for us. Alfred N'Diaye scored his second in as many games as he scored from the penalty spot. Great month from the team so far.

REAL BETIS vs Mirandes - Liga Adelante - Gameweek 6 - 28/9/2014

Mathew Roberts: Our 1st dropped points of this month. We played very well at the start with Nono giving us the lead going into HT. Once Pedro equalised, we dominated the game as we do normally but that 2nd goal wasn't to be, Mirandes defended very well towards the end.

End Of Month News/Stats

View attachment 330218View attachment 330217
View attachment 330216View attachment 330215

Mathew Roberts: We end the month joint-top with Osasuna with 14 points, 4 wins and 2 draws. We are also top scorers of the league with 13 scored and have the best defence with only 3 goals conceded. It's a great start to the season.

Mathew Roberts: I've given the player of the month once again to CM Javier Matilla. He scored 2 goals at the start of the month and picked up a couple of assists along the way.

Mathew Roberts: The 3rd round draw was also made for the Spanish Cup. We were drawn at home vs Recreativo, a big boost for us playing in front of our home fans.

View attachment 330224

Next Update: October results & news.

Last edited: