gford

Reaction score
please help im at the end of my teather with this game...ive played several games..wolves,blacpool,wigan and now im MAN CITY i was winning my friendlies against like of santos lyon etc 6-7 0 then i come to prem and champions league and ive lost to stupid teams,lyon in champs lg(who i thrashed in friendly) wolves,chelsea,stoke in prem..i dont know what im doing wrong...i played a plug in and play tactic of 4 2 4 and and in some away games i used the traditional 4 2 3 1 that city play well with,but losing alot and conceding way too many goals...seriously i dont wanna b tweaking my tactics every ****** game..please can someone help,or give me thier strory/tips when using a top prem side..thanks

first thing i would say is find a formation and try and stick to it when possible. i use a 4-2-2-2 but it can switch into 4-2-3-1 and 4-3-2-1 with them all trained to high on match prep, and the same instructions just positional movement changes. i always find my teams more consistant when used to a solid formation base :) i would also try to make your own tactic/s, i always find it a bit more rewarding and easier to tweak the setup if you set it up in the first place! also, if you are with a top side, you should have good strength in depth. dont be afraid to drop a top star if hes not playing well and give a hungry youngster a chance! the new team talks i have also found really effective in getting the best out of players, pay attention to how certain players react to things. for example, on my bayern game, thomas muller doesnt respond to anything except for passionate tone in team talks. none of this is quick fixes for you, but its all stuff i would say is worth a go!! :) good luck!

The important thing when managing a top, top side is when you play weaker teams they will generally look to be aggressive and hunt you down at every opportunity. With Man City, even though they have a ****** strong attack, their defence is really poor. With the money that you start of with, buy a solid CB or 2 and maybe a backup GK for Hart. Lets face it if you have a solid defence, you wont concede goals.

There are some very good tactics from here to use. Try them out.

Complacency will also be an issue when you're playing smaller clubs too. And to be honest I don't heed much when it comes to friendlies as half the time the players are uninterested if they're worldwide reputation (just speaking from my own experience though). So keep the players fully focused and motivated. If some react badly after telling them to avoid complacency-ignore them

thanks for feedback,i might try out this 4222,making my own tactic seems very long winded and tbh i wouldnt know where to start,im thinking of choosing a base formation and tweaking tactics from there.but knowing what tempo to play and how direct to play is abit of an issue...gotta find something to do to get that decent balance in my team...also is in important to set players to do what there good at...for example set yaya toure at a ball winning cm,and de jong as defensive minded cm?rather than setting them rto say both at defensive cm...same as silva being an advance midfiekder attack...