fruitbat18

Reaction score
Right, I'm managing Liverpool and I have played 3 games in the premier league. In 2 I have gone 2-0 and then they pulled it back to 2-2. Could it be something I'm doing wrong or am I just paranoid?
Any help is appreciated
Thanks

2-0 is the most dangerous scoreline in Football. Never ever think that you're ahead. treat every score line like you're 0-0 and need a draw to win the title :p

The players will start to relax at 2-0 and will become complacent. Make sure they know that they still have a game of football to see out.

Give them a team talk to not be complacent, give them a touchline team talk to tighten up or change your formation to a more defensive/counter attacking one

Set your forwards to chase everything down, and maybe even one subbed with the replacement dropped into a defensive midfielder or wing-back position depending on where your opponent looks most dangerous. Set the team to counter, and the instructions to less expressive and close down much more.

Change the mentality from attack to support in the player roles, specially in the wings.

in Team instructions, be more disciplined and rigid.

In team talks during the game, be assertive and ask for concentration.

This works for me.

If all of the above doesn't work: you need at look at the mentality of your players.

Determination, composure and the Leadership of your Capitan can be key here!
Sometimes, tactically, there is nothing you can do, so you're man management has to be spot on here to
get a squad together who all share a similar mentality and not give up.