rickowens

Reaction score
I'm 2 seasons in my West Brom save and I'm starting lose interest. Although i haven't won any trophy yet, I lost the EPL title on the last day drawing away to Newcastle. Any tips to keep this save going

I don't know about you, but I like flying through the seasons. I deal with everything (tactics, player purchases etc) except player and staff contracts (I leave those to DoF), but when it comes to games I just use instant replay. That way I don't get bored or lose interest, because a new season and new challenges are right around the corner.

Actually I would say doing exactly the opposite from what Telstar says, get immerged in your team, know your youth, players, staff etc. Try to really get a clear philosophy when playing, watch games on extended at least, try to understand your tactics and the opponents. What also works for me is to create my own tactics rather then download one, much more challenging and fun.

If you really are bored with a team you can always just quit... see what happens in the world and what team you end up with!

Humans get bored easily, just try a new save in a different league, like I was hugely successful with Villa in my 10th season, had a mad youth set up, but got bored, and now started a save with Maidstone in the conference south.

I'm 2 seasons in my West Brom save and I'm starting lose interest. Although i haven't won any trophy yet, I lost the EPL title on the last day drawing away to Newcastle. Any tips to keep this save going

West Brom isn't a top club and you should be happy to finish with 2nd place in EPL. Just keep improving your team and you'll win EPL. :)

Thanks for the suggestions people, will try and keep this going

You could always take a break from that save, start another then go back to it in a couple of weeks. That's what I do.

i usually end up playing for 2/3 seasons then get bored and start a new game.

Giving yourself restrictions such as signing less wonderkids, or trying to play more realistically, can make it more challenging and enjoyable. Turning it into a story can also keep you more invested in a save :)

Setting yourself goals or challenges beforehand can make a save more interesting for example:

- Year of your birth - team that got relegated in that year & is no longer in the top division. you gotta try get them back in the top division
- some bias towards a certain language speakers
- domestic player preference focus
- club owned by fans https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_fan-owned_sports_teams
- wage bill cut
- dignified and promoted tiny club
- club which is low on money (compared to the rest of the league)
- club which has an interesting player or two (that you are a fan of IRL for some unique reason)

such things can make a save more enjoyable to play and more interesting imo. glhf