Fraz100

Reaction score
I'm currently managing liverpool and I always lose 3-7m a month. Mainly due to wages but is there any way to make profit every month? I've sold players that i don't need but hasn't really done much and end up being 25m+ in the red at the end of the season. Does this happen to every club? It's gotten to a point where i can't spend over 15m a season or go over 40m red....

If anyone can any suggestions how to make a profit, please tell me :)

EDIT - I also never do the monthy installments to buy players.

Last edited:
put your wage bill down! :) get rid of unnessary players, release players too

This always happens to me in almost every club I play with.... I don't think there's a way a club can turn a profit month by month, but at the end of the season or beginning when all the prize money/tv rights stuff/season ticket money comes in it normally just about balances out.

maybe stop buying players with installments, also try signing players for small fees with big PA

This always happens to me in almost every club I play with.... I don't think there's a way a club can turn a profit month by month, but at the end of the season or beginning when all the prize money/tv rights stuff/season ticket money comes in it normally just about balances out.
Yeah, that's what happens to me.

Also, does anyone else still get the Sponsorship money message? On fm10 it would give me a message when i got my 40m sponsorship, but now it doesn't.

---------- Post added at 12:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:20 AM ----------

maybe stop buying players with installments, also try signing players for small fees with big PA
Read my edit.

with Liverpool: sell Aquilani, Cole, Maxi, Kuyt ... buy players on low wages.... you ain't gonna make money as such a big club, they get massive pay cheques at the end of the season.

I worked it out alright at some of the smaller and bigger clubs.

Just depends who you have and on what wages :p

with Liverpool: sell Aquilani, Cole, Maxi, Kuyt ... buy players on low wages.... you ain't gonna make money as such a big club, they get massive pay cheques at the end of the season.
Cole is a good inside forward while kuyt is good too. Trying to sell maxi but nobody will, if not only for loan.

I don't think it's too bad tbh, just as long as you're not losing stupid amounts of money. Your balance will go back up to a good amount at the end of the season so you should be fine. But yeah if you wanna minimize your loss keep doing what you're doing and do the suggestions that have been given

You should ask for a feeder club `to increase profile in another country`. This is a good way to raise merchandise sales as they help you to build a fan base in another nation.(mainly in Japan, United States or Saudi Arabia) I managed to get 3 feeder clubs for financial benefits and my merchandise sales are 25m up compared to first season and I`m currently in my 3rd season.

As for losing money ever month, it is ok to lose 5-10m a month with a club like Liverpool as the prize money and TV rights that you get would more than make up for it. Thats assuming you do well in your career :d

Last edited:
You should ask for a feeder club `to increase profile in another country`. This is a good way to raise merchandise sales as they help you to build a fan base in another nation.(mainly in Japan, United States or Saudi Arabia) I managed to get 3 feeder clubs for financial benefits and my merchandise sales are 25m up compared to first season and I`m currently in my 3rd season.

As for losing money ever month, it is ok to lose 5-10m a month with a club like Liverpool as the prize money and TV rights that you get would more than make up for it. Thats assuming you do well in your career :d
Wow really? 25m? I currently have one of them in the US, I'mma go ask for another one :)

THANK YOU

It's natural to lose a bit of money each month with such a big club and with the wages the players generally have. At the end and beginning of the seaon you will rake in a massive amount of money and be way up in the green (tv rights, competition payouts, ticket sales etc).

when i managed chelsea i always lose money every month...at the end of season the balance was ******....-70 millions!!!!! but i have abramovich....he provides a cash injection 65 milions and the situation has redressed....my total wage bid is something like 12 milions per month!!!!!!!:((

At Seoul I began to run into a bit of trouble when I checked my finances, and we had gone from the richest club in South Korea, down to only having $3 million left. I have since raised that back up to around $15 million, what with prize money and selling a few unnecessary players, but I've decided to use less money now. I spent around $4 million first season on transfers, second season I used around $8, and this season I've kept it under $1 million, and sold around $3.5 million worth of players. Put your wage budget all the way up, and transfer budget all the way down. Sell off those unnecessary players (you may have to settle for less than you would like, if no clubs are interested), get a foreign feeder club. Check to see if there are any good foreign players on a free (Suk is nearly always free after the first year), and you could up your merchandise sales from those nations.

Otherwise, losing some money is natural, the end of the season is the time when money will be made. Prize money and TV rights for the next season give you a massive boost, so don't worry too much unless neither of those things fund you enough.

I'm struggling with Mansfield; First season I only had a 11.5k wage limit and I was spending 14k.. Finished 9th, respectable-ish.. My money the whole season was in the red (Lowest @ -£210k). Start of second season; Only goes up to -£40k so no money for transfers, but due to people leaving, I've been able to re-shape my squad with out of contract players from much higher leagues and still have a good wage bill left. Probably gain promotion with my strengthened team (Most valuable players in the league by a margin) and thus sort out my finances.

What I'm saying is; there's always a way around it, you have just got to persivere while it's happening and you will eventually make money.

When managing a lower league club always play lots of friendlys, even during the season, this helps players along who are not match fit but can also be a useful source of cash injection, play away to other lower clubs but play at home to bigger clubs.