Clean_Up_Kid

Reaction score
I have an amazing team, possibly the best collection of players (stats wise) that I hjave ever had, yet I am languishing down in 15th place.. Why, I hear you all shout!

Well because every game seems to be the same, I go 2 goals in front after 30 minutes and then by the final whistle I am 3-2 down..
I change the touchline instruction from Control to Contain or Defensive (even if i do or don't it is the same outcome) I tell the players to waste time gradually more and more. I have even took off a striker from my 4-4-2 and replaced him with an anchor man. NOTHING seems to be solving the problem.

Is there anything elso I can try to stop this very annoying thing happening before I start smashing and eating the computer!!?

Many Thanks!!!

When you are 2-0 up. Go to contain on your touchline instructions. Your team should hold on.

When you are 2-0 up. Go to contain on your touchline instructions. Your team should hold on.

Why stop there? Why go to contain?
Just go to Retain posession in your touchline instructions.
Hope for more goals.
If i'm winning 2-0 with a Big team I just move my wingers to wide mids. If it's any other team I change nothing.
I noticed that the more you try to keep the score, the more you'll conceed.
The main rule is " If its not broken - don't fix it"

I have a similar issue that after half time the other team always seems to score, or maybe even level the scores. But in that case I score again.

clear ball to flanks seems to be good one for me, i never use waste time and i never change the starting stategy from control.. also say dont let your performance drop at half time, but anything can happen in football :D

Cheers, how do you set "Clear ball to flanks" ?

---------- Post added at 09:40 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 07:02 PM ----------

ok, found it. Whack!

tell your team that they are disappointing (or similar) at half time, it tends to work for me